Snow and Boulders

Izuku watches as the snowflakes fall in a blinding rush, adding onto the already white world.

Nose scrunching in distaste, the boy has to admit the leaf-bare season was officially here in full throttle. Or as humans called it 'winter'. The name was too cute than what the horrid season deserves.

Thank the stars I don't need to be out in it anymore.

Izuku hated winter.

It's too cold, prey is scarce most of the time, and he gets weird sleepy spells that makes him sluggish.

He was in a warm home now, and didn't have to worry about the cold anymore, other than the trips to the school and back.

Last winter he had put his foot down and refused to take the walk to the school when he had first seen the snow, a weird sense of dread stirring in his chest despite having to deal with the cold white powder hundreds of times. He must have grown too spoiled, living with Shouta.

In response, instead of walking Shouta somehow got a car (with a stranger!) And had them drive them to school instead, which he greatly preferred. Maybe Shouta will do that again?

Thinking about his dad sends a flash of worry through him. The man was currently out in the snow. Izuku hopes he isn't too cold.

Or, oh no, what if he slipped and fell on the ice? What if he collapsed on the side of the street knocked out unconscious with no one nearby as he slowly freezes to death? Or--

The sound of the front door opening halts Izuku's ceaseless worrying. Vaulting himself from his bed and over the sleeping form of Hitoshi, Izuku all but barrels into the front room and knocks down the shadowed, but familiar form.

The body below him lets out an oof as the breath is knocked out of his lungs.

" Izuku. What-- "

Shouta was absolutely freezing to the touch! Izuku almost jumped away, wanting to shy from the cold. But his overprotectiveness trumped down as his brain supplies that he needs to get his family warm . Cold is bad, bad.

Two hands were trying to lift him off of his kin, but he couldn't have that. His body shifts, and carefully situated himself not to crush the man below and taking care that the fur around his neck was completely covered Shouta for maximum warmth.

The man attempts to free himself once more, but gives up after several moments, his arms falling limp over Izuku's forelegs.

"What's gotten into you today?" His groan was muffled by the copious amount of fur.

Izuku could hear Hizashi cracking up from somewhere behind him, but he paid him no mind as he snuggled closer to his dad.

He must have dozed off for a few minutes because next thing he knows, he can smell coffee from the kitchen. Seeing as Shouta hadn't (couldn't) move, Hizashi must have traveled at some point from his spot near his own room. Which was fine, as Izuku loved the homely smell anyways.

Green eyes slipped shut once more, wanting nothing more than to lay here all day and lazily snooze away.

But alas, not fifteen minutes later Shouta spoke up again.

"Ok problem child, this was a nice nap, but we need to get ready for school. Nezu will be upset if you miss another day."

Izuku whines long and suffering. He doesn't want to go outside. And he doesn't want to see Nezu.

Shouta pats his neck with reassuring strokes, slow and comforting. Izuku knows the man can just force him to shift back, but trusts Izuku that he would let up on his coddling act.