don't like you (no i do not)

Then

He spat out dirt with renewed frustration.

The two foxes behind him howl with laughter at his sorry attempt of tunneling.

His "tunneling" had left him with nothing but dirt in his mouth and fur as every single one had collapsed so far.

Really, all he was doing was destroying the clearing.

He was glad he took up their advice on starting somewhere away from the place he called "home." It would've been a mess.

Shaking the grains of dirt out of his fur, he looks back over to the foxes. They were calming down now from their little outburst. He found it funny at first, too. But that was hours and many attempts ago.

Now, he just wants to figure out what he is doing wrong so he can stomp home and nap already.

Even White was doing what he already longed for, snoozing away on a large rock that, the boy is certain, is toasting the cat up with the sunlight.

The feline had managed to grow a significant amount in the past two seasons, filling up nicely. He was still saddened every time his friend had to leave for the day, returning back home with the other cats and his family. Maybe one day White will stay the night. The boy is about to have a more protected home after all!

Well, maybe.

He scowls down at the failure hunk of earth. Why can't he get it right?

[ "Are you sure you do not wish for us to help, green one?" ] One of the foxes offers, their laughter dying down.

The forest beast lashes his spiked tail. [ "I need to learn to do it on my own. What happens if I need a new one and you aren't here?" ]

[ "Then, we'll come back," ] the other fox reasons, [ "we wouldn't leave you without a dry place to call home." ]

The creature remains silent. It's not that he distrusted the two foxes but, well.

You never knew when the last time you'd see the same soul again. Promises can be easily broken, intentionally or not. Survival could be hard to those not prepared enough.

And he wasn't willing to take the chance of losing a way out of the cold and snow when leaf-bare hits. Not when it seemed every new one was affecting him worse and worse, the cold freezing him to his core.

He sighed, turning to his guests.

[ "Maybe you can show me another demonstration?" ]

Now

"Are you sure we can leave you alone... with..."

"With a child? Yes, I do believe I will be just fine handling him. I can't say the same for the boy after getting attacked by five grown adults." Shouta growled threateningly at the heroes who were hesitantly standing outside his door. One hand gripping his shopping bag with white knuckles and the other on his idiot blond menace's arm in a vice.

Awkwardly, the heroes hovered nearby, unsure if they should leave or not but under the eraser hero's glare they dispersed.

Tugging Hizashi inside, he shut his door with a resounding thud. He could feel his friend tense up with a small eep!

The radio star was sweating bullets as he was glared down by the distrusting, furious, overgrown, monstrous rabbit. Mouth drawn in a soundless snarl; his green eyes were mere needle pricks as they refused to leave the nervous man's form.