Back to a place you can no longer call home

["It's been pretty quiet since you went missing."]

Izuku was laid comfortably on a patch of grass in the fake forest with White lounged on his shoulders.

["I mean, I guess it usually was, before,"] the cat continued, ["but I never realized how boring it was without you there. Not to mention, every cat has been downright insufferable. Everyone wants to argue over the silliest things! Like—a young cat slept in this nice looking spot of soft flowers. Turns out, one of the elders liked to look at them for whatever reason and was cross when he saw they had been trampled and smooshed.

So, he comes tromping back to camp demanding who ruined his oh-so-precious flowers and sparked a whole debate over it that lasted for days! "] White gave an irritable huff. ["After the third day, I ran out of camp and roamed the forest for a while to—well. To look for you."]

["For me?"] Izuku echoed. White rearranges himself from his spot on Izuku's beastal shoulders.

["Well, yeah. I thought you might have moved to another part of the forest,"] he paused. ["Izuku, you... you worried me, y'know? One day I couldn't find you, and when I tried to track your scent, I found this clearing that was matted in blood and reeked of your scent. I... I thought you had died."]

White's voice sounded thick and Izuku couldn't help the clump of guilt that ledged itself in his stomach.

["But then I realized that, with how big your body is, you wouldn't just disappear . So, I figured you must have dragged yourself to a safe place."]

["I was attacked by some bad two-legs,"] Izuku admitted with a wince. ["But Shouta found me and got me help."]

["He saved you,"] White uttered softly after a pause. ["That's good. He's a good two-leg, then."]

Izuku was proud to say he thought so, as well.

The next few minutes were spent in a companionable silence as they simply relaxed in the other's company. The rabbit hybrid had almost dozed off, when a small paw pressed firmly down between his shoulder blades.

["Are you planning on living with that two-leg for good?"] The cat questioned.

Izuku didn't need to even pause to think about his decision. The boy loved the forest-- he really did!

But. He knew he could not survive being that lonely ever again. Not when a taste of belonging was finally offered before him.

["I am."]

And White hummed, not surprised with his friend's choice.

["Then I guess I am, as well. You've been my friend since I was a small kit, and I don't want to lose you again."]

White gasped suddenly then and leapt from Izuku's shoulders and landed neatly in front of the boy.

["Izuku! You need to go grab your stuff then!"]

And, oh.

As Izuku grew up in the forest, he had collected small things that interested him and proudly called it his hoard.

After living with Shouta however, he realized those things weren't... all that great? At least compared to everyday items he can easily come across whenever.

But, still. They had a sentimental value, you know? And, Izuku figured, he may as well decorate his room with the items, for old times sake.

So, as soon as the day was over and Shouta had returned to come pick him up from the fake forest—the first thing the boy did was inform his dad about his little request.