Chapter 4

Filips POV:
For those of you who haven't sprinted nonstop for an hour, it sucks. I do not recommend trying it. Unless your Rayna of course, then you'll be fine. Because she is smiling the widest I've ever seen her smile. I guess she likes running or getting chased because we're doing a lot of both right now. She seems to be having the time of her life. For me it's the complete opposite. I'm terrified. I can't go on any further. I can hardly breathe.

I collapse and Rayna skids to a halt. Noticing that I'm not following her. She turns her head and sees me lying on the dirt, gasping for breath. "Filip what are you doing? I thought you didn't want to be caught." I look at her. "I can't run as long as you." I say, gasping in between the words. She looks behind me and I follow her gaze. The guards are catching up. She looks down at me, still sprawled in the dirt. "Your not the one who stole the crown. You can go." "But you'll get arrested!" I protest. She snorts. "Been there, done that. Chill. Plus it's fun annoying the guards." She giggles and lifts me up by the neck of my tunic and setting my feet on the ground. "Bye bye!" "But-" "nope." "Ray-""nuh uh." "Plea-" "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!"

Rayna and I pause our mini argument and see the four guards were pointing their swords at us. I freeze in fear. Rayna (obviously) had a different idea. "Dan! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in like ten years! You look so much older. But like, don't grow out the beard, it looks bad enough already." She said smiling. The dwarf sneered. I'm guessing that was Dan. Rayna kept on babbling about the 'good ol' days' and the guards were looking dry annoyed. Despite my obvious fear, it was quite amusing.

Finally, enough was enough for the guards. The halfling and tabaxi grabbed my arms. Rayna glanced at me and the guards. "Guys give my friend some personal space. He didn't do anything. I was obviously the one who stole the crown, he doesn't have the skills." The guards who were holding me glanced at each other and nodded. They released my arms quite roughly and I fell to the ground. They moved over to Rayna who was being held back by the other guards and turned to look at me. They gasped. I was confused for a bit before I felt no warmth on my head. My hat had fallen off, exposing the small but present horns on my head. Shoot.

••••

I'm really scared right now. I'm being dragged by my arms to the prison in the front of the village and my hat is gone. I really miss my hat. I glance at Rayna and she is being led by the dwarf and Dragonborn. She looked quite bored honestly. I figure she'll just break us out of prison fairly quickly. That calms me a bit.

The fear that was clouding my thoughts slowly washed away and I could think clearly. I mentally facepalm. I could have just hidden my horns with my magic the moment my hat fell off. Well, I guess it's too late now.

••••

I get dragged for a few more minutes before getting to the prison. We walked in and they threw Rayna in the first cell with a Kenku. "Ow." She whined. They took me to the back of the prison and unlocked the last cell, pushing me in. I sit up and watch them walk away. I stand and look out the spaces in between the bars, searching for Rayna. I couldn't see her. I try to sick my hands in between to somehow pick the lock. How does Rayna do this?!

"That won't work." I jump and squeak in surprise at the sudden voice. Turning around, I see the man that the guards were arresting yesterday. He speaks again. "I tried all day yesterday. This is the most well made cell, only for the most dangerous. Nothing can pick the lock or break through those bars." Great, no chance of escaping. "Speaking of dangerous, what did you do?" He said, eyeing me. I try to form the words but my mouth is dry. Dang, I'm to scared to even talk? Wow. He shrugs. "I'm not going to force it out of you. I don't feel like dying today." I try to speak and finally a word comes out. "Tiefling." He blinks. "You're a tiefling, that's why you got arrested?" I nod. "I'm Narkon." "Filip." I don't have anything to say and neither does he do we just stand there. Well that got awkward  quickly.
••••
A few days passed. I know. It's sucks. During that time me and Narkon started to get to know each other a bit. We both had a pretty bad past.

••••

Hi! Sorry it was short. Yeah, I did draw the picture at the top. It's not very good sorry:/ well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading this book!
- dumbturtleT-T