"You say that like it's my fault. And you say it like I'm going to listen" Alice stated, rolling her eyes.

"How many times has this happened, Alice? This is what, the seventh time you've come back?"

"Eighth, actually" Alice replied, cockily folding her arms.

"So? You've killed your brother seven times-"

"It was a joint effort" Alice smirked when Christine clenched her teeth and fists and closed her eyes. She took great pleasure in the knowledge that she could rile up one of the most calming angels in history.

"Look, I know you think you are untouchable but can you just turn off your demon side for one second and just listen to what I have to sa-"

"Listen to you? Have you heard yourself? How can I turn off my demon side? I am a demon!" Alice jeered, mockingly, as though Christine had said the most ridiculous comment she'd ever heard.

"No, you are nephilim"

"Half demon, then!" Alice shrugged, rolling her eyes, knowing it would annoy the angel before her.

"Descendant of a half demon. Your demon powers were only strengthened because you went to hell under your circumstances, otherwise you'd have died normally like the rest of us. You should not come back" Christine explained, Alice repressed the urge to yawn.

"Well, I do. I think of it as a gift from fate" Alice said, knowing the comment would annoy Christine. it did. 

"It is a gift from God. The Lord only gives eternal life to those who deserve it. You have yet to prove that you do" Christine stated, her glare hard and pointed. Alice rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever, Chris. You've proved your point and it was pointless. Time to go" Alice waved her hand in the air, waiting for Christine to fly away, giving her the hateful glare angels always did when they went but Christine clenched her teeth and unsheathed her wings, flying a foot or so taller than Alice, her heavenly aura giving her a holy glow in the moonlight. 

"You are not indestructible, Alice. I can hurt you. I can kill you. The very reason I entertain that idea is because your actions are causing Edward such emotional anguish. I could sign you off to God right now but He would have to send you back to Lucifer to write you from existence. I will not do that because I want to give you a chance" Alice raised an eyebrow at the display and wore a mocking smirk only to have Christine reach out a hand and a beam of light passed from her hand into Alice's chest. Alice cried out in pain and fell on her back. Christine had her pinned with magic of goodness. 

"Alice, I want to hurt you so very badly. These thoughts alone could have me in hell. You need to stop this" The reluctance and pain in Christine's voice was clear. 

"I'll do nothing you tell me. You are nothing but a coward" Alice spat out, the goodness leaking into every part of her body and causing immense pain. 

"A coward? How so?" Christine's voice was now its usual angelic sound and her eyes were glowing white, in accordance to the goodness working inside of her. Alice hated this angel more now than ever.

"You take me on when I have no magic... You'll flee when my powers... Come back" She was finding it harder to speak and knew that sooner or later the goodness Christine was pumping into her would either have her converting or killed. She couldn't have that. Christine's hair was floating around her shoulders like she were lying in a still lake, Alice hated that she was helpless but right now she needed a saviour. She gritted her teeth and kept her eyes firmly closed, trying to connect with the evil part still inside of her when both girls felt the presence of another.