1. Back To Earth

"Is it my time yet?" Alice asked the only demon whom she spoke to and lived when they didn't reply. He was the gate-keeper of hell and wasn't allowed to speak a word to anybody otherwise his punishment would be greater than that of any mass-murderer or terrorist in the history of the world. See, those seven hundred years ago when Alice and her brother first died they were separated. Alice was sent to hell and Edward to heaven. She didn't understand at first but she was later told that it was because it was her fault that they'd both died and she didn't feel guilt. She'd tried. She hoped. She'd wished. But she just couldn't find it in herself to feel guilt for what she'd done for in her eyes she'd done nothing wrong. It didn't matter much, though, because every one hundred years, on the very year that they'd died, the gateways of heaven and hell would open for them and the two nephilim were able to greet once again on Earth soils. It just so happens that that same month they both got on each other's nerves and ended up killing each other again. It was an eternal loop. They were both doomed to end each other's lives every one hundred years for the rest of eternity. Alice didn't much care, as long as she got to kill her brother every hundred years she was happy. The gate keeper remained expressionless as always, his only response being a blink that was half a second too long which Alice learned was his confirmation. She grinned and watched as the veil, the only thing keeping her in hell, opened slightly, allowing her passage, the fire of desire burned in her eyes as she impatiently waited for it to open. The air seeped in through the gap and caressed her face, she closed her eyes and basked in it, smiling when the caged and tortured souls of the damned cried out for more when they smelt it. These areas were saved for the worst of criminals, to feel freedom so close to you when you cannot have it. Alice grinned breathily, feeling pleasure in their pain. When it was a sufficient size the gate keeper nodded and Alice set off, ripping out her midnight black wings and flying through it as fast as she could, flying out into the night air of Earth. Her glee-filled cackles danced throughout the cool, winter breeze. She laughed at the rush of her breeze through the feathers of her wings; the feeling of the cold against her skin. She laughed at the freedom. She flew down to a street and set her feet on the floor for the first time in one hundred years. A thick layer of frost coated the floor and crunched under her feet so she wriggled her toes. The temperature was a sharp contrast to that of hell but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Her first few steps were tentative but she was soon skipping down the road, grinning like a mad-man. She smiled, dreamily and leant against a lamp post, holding it to her chest and took a deep breath, relishing in the smell.

"Ah, Earth air. The smell of death and depression" A wide grin grew across her lips.

"Time to cause more"

"I wouldn't be too keen to cause harm, Alice" Alice froze at the voice, her smile dropping and turned around at the new voice to see the person who walked up the road at the opposite end as her. She was an angel with long and curly dark hair. She had chocolate coloured skin and wore dark denim trousers and a zipped up leather jacket. She walked confidently down the street towards Alice. How she hated her.

"You might get hurt this time. And you might be the only one dying"

"Ah, Christine. My favourite Heaven's bitch" Alice smiled fakely.

"It's a shame the feeling isn't mutual. You are my least favourite being in existence" Christine's big saccharine smile angered Alice but she was looking forward to getting on Christine's nerves again.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure of one of Heaven's most prestigious peace angels visiting me at this hour?" Alice asked, her wings itching to be used again. She'd hidden them when she landed and now wished that they were out once again.

"See the keyword in that sentence. Peace. I have come to illicit peace into the situation. It has gone too far" Alice rolled her eyes at Christine's comment.