14

"Tonight is a full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah told the gang as they all sat around the couch looking up at the man who seemed to have all the answers in the world.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan explained remembering the words of his girlfriend. He didn't want to say he didn't believe Elena, but he'd like to get the facts straight.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline" the siren hummed nodding."The curse has kept his werewolf aspect form manifesting. But if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid" the older man said walking around the living room with his hands behind his back.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse" Damon barged into the little meeting they were having causing Elijah to turn around and be greeted with the arrogant vampire.

To his pleasure he woke up to their voices. Sometimes vampire hearing could get annoying. "We can kill him today with Bonnie"

"Amen." Evenda whispered agreeing with him.

"Damon..." Stefan said as if scolding his brother. Damon let out a frustrated sigh looking at Stefan with his piercing blue eyes.

"No Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" Elena snapped at the black haired vampire with a glare. It seemed like everyone was trying to get her killed, and as her best friend Elena wasn't having it.

Evenda swore she would tackle down the doppelgänger if she wasn't trying to look so elegant infront of the original.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon proposed grinning at the human girl, trying his best to lighten the mood but everyone was on edge and not having it or his jokes. He thought Evenda would join in with his humor but she looked very tired and frustrated.

"Your not gonna write anything because my necklace will keep her safe. Bonnies doing it. Period." she stated glaring at Damon making him playfully roll his eyes at her. Elena ran hand over her hair and looked over at the girl a bit irritated.

"Alright, alright." Stefan placed a hand on his girlfriends knee calming her down with his simple touch. "How do we break the curse" he questioned looking at Elijah.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak. You already know." The original paced around the boarding house with ease like he wasn't at all phased with killing his brother but Evenda could see through him. He was trembling.

"The moon stone." Stefan tried remembering everything.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both vampire and werewolf, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into this" Elena questioned picking at the fabric on the couch anxiously.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of a doppelgänger..." he pulled out a small box from a cabinet holding it in his hands and looking at it.

"To the point of death..."

Evenda gasped dramatically holding onto Elenas shoulders causing Elijah to jump slightly at the sudden noise.

"We already knew you were gonna have to die, that's nothing new." the siren called out going back to a straight face rolling her eyes and pushing Elena towards Stefan.

"Well not exactly. This is elixir that I acquired 500 years ago for Katerina." he held onto what seemed a foggy glass bottle "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."