[Thirteen]

(10/14/20) 11:23 a.m. for Jaemin and 3:23 a.m. for Jeno.

"Hello?" Jeno asked tiredly after picking up the phone.

"I'm sorry to bother you." Jeno immediately noticed the shakiness in Jaemin's voice and sat up, sighing when he saw that it was three in the morning. "I didn't have school today so I stayed home. My parents are f-fighing and I just needed to talk to you."

"Where are you right now?" Jeno asked, laying back down and turning his lamp on.

"I'm in my closet. I was just c-crying. I-I can't-" He was cut off by his own sob and Jeno knew that he was hyperventilating just by the sound of his voice and his breathing. He could also hear the sound of Jaemin's parents screaming in the background and started whispering "shh".

"It'll be okay. Just calm down. You need to slow your breathing. Shhh-"

"I can't. I don't know how to calm down. I-I-" he started coughing uncontrollably and Jeno started slightly panicking while thinking of what he could do. Then he thought of a calming song that he could sing.

"You know I know. No nu na. Na nu no~." Once he sung that line of Serendipity, it seemed like Jaemin finally heard his voice over his own crying. "Naye cheonsa. Naye sesang~"

Jaemin's breathing slowly became steady again as Jeno's soft voice sung on the other line. He held his phone close to his ear as his head buried in his arms and quietly cried as Jeno's voice became the only thing he heard. His parents were drowned out by this stranger that he just texted one day, and he felt his heart start fluttering as his tears started fading away.

"Let me love youuu~"