Chapter 4

Authors Note: Hi! If you have any feedback for me, PLEASE leave it in the comments, I really want to improve. Now, on to the story.
     What do you mean he's gone?!" I ask, my heart pounding.
     They look down, "He's missing. He's not in his cabin and they sent out a search group this morning."
      I feel tears starting to stream down my face, "No...no..."
      August pulls me into a hug, "It'll be okay, Aelia."
      I turn away, "But what if it isn't? What if a monster-"
      They turn my head so I'm looking them straight in the eyes, "Don't say that. They'll find him, I'm sure of it."
      I sigh, "This is what happened to Percy all over again."
      "I mean, I don't know if his memories have been wiped by a god, but I guess so, yeah." I start to say something, but am cut off by my mom coming up behind us.
     She hugs me, "I heard about Abaddon this morning. I'm so sorry, sweetie. But Nico said he doesn't think that Abaddon is dead. He hasn't felt it at least."
      I wipe my eyes, "Yeah, I just..."
      "I know. But there is some good news," she says.
      "What?" I ask, needing to hear something good.
      She smiles, "Reyna is coming in today."
      I grin, "Really? Why?"
      She shrugs, "I guess she just wants to see everyone. And Bianca's birthday is in a few days."
      "I can't believe she's already turning one. It feels like it was just yesterday that Nico and Will got her."
       "Well, I've gotta go. My cabin is trying to make tracking devices to put on campers so if they go missing we can find them," August says to me, before heading back into their cabin.
       Suddenly a Pegasus swoops over our heads and lands in a field near the stables. The person riding it leads it into the stables, and starts walking towards us. As they get closer, I realize that it's Reyna. She visits a few times a year and I love when she does.
     I wave, "Hi, Reyna!"
     She smiles, "Hi, Aelia. How are you?"
     I look down, "Not great. My...boyfriend is missing. No one knows where he is."
     My mom looks at me, "Boyfriend?"
     Reyna nods, "I'm sorry Aelia, I know how much it hurts."
     My mom looks at her watch, "I have to go help Chiron with something. I'll see you guys later." She walks off towards the big house, leaving me with Reyna.
      I wring my hands, wanting to ask a question that's been burning in my mind for years, "Reyna?"
      "Mhm?"
      "Can...can you tell me about my parents?"
       She sighs, "I'm honestly surprised you haven't asked before. Your parents...they were some of the kindest demigods I've ever met. Your mother's name was Jasmine, she was a child of Ceres from Managua. And I had heard from older campers that she was an amazing fighter. And your father's name was Aiden, he was a child of Apollo from Portland. He was known for his poetry and songwriting. And when you were born...everyone loved you. You were like a little sister to me. I knew they would give up everything for you, and they did. They loved you more than anything. And-"
      I cut her off by throwing my arms around her. She seems surprised by the gesture, but returns the hug.
      "I wish I could have known them."
      She looks at me, "I wish that too. But I'll give you this, so they'll always be here with you." She pulls out a picture from her pocket and hands it to me. A man and a woman smile at me, a baby in their arms. My mother looks like an older version of me. Tan skin, dark hair and dark eyes. My father has light brown hair, pale skin, and green eyes.
      Reyna smiles sadly at the picture, "I took that picture when you were only a month old. And now look at you, almost a replica of her." She looks towards the sun that's rising higher in the sky, "I'm going to go say hi to Nico, Will, and Bianca. I'll see you later, Jasmine."
      We both freeze and she shakes her head, "I'm sorry, Aelia. You just look so much like her."
      I nod, "No, it's fine. It...it actually feels nice to be mistaken for her."
      She smiles, "They'd be so proud of you. And...you'll find your boyfriend, I know you will. I'll see you later...Aelia."
      She walks off and I look into the distance.
      I whisper to no one in particular, repeating Reyna's words, "I'll find you, Abaddon. I know I will.