Chapter 1

Authors Note: Hi! I just have a couple things to say before this story begins. First of all, you can expect me to update this story once or twice a week. And secondly, to give credit where credit is due, many of the place and characters in this story belong to Rick Riordan and Disney Hyperion. Now, without further ado, The War Against Chaos.
Red stains my vision. Everything is a blur. Fading, away, away, away, until there's nothing left. My eyes sting and my chest feels heavy. I don't know what has happened. I don't know anything, except that I'm scared. Too afraid to move, to speak, to breathe. Then I feel someone lift me up, out of the bloodstained grass. I cling to them, never wanting to let go.
A few days later
I sit in a field, surrounded by little plants. A girl stands near me, her light brown hair in braids. A pony man comes up behind her.
He looks at me sadly, then turns to the girl, "Who is she?"
The girl glances at me before answering, "Roman legacy of Apollo and Ceres, Reyna told me that. She's four years old. I found her with her parents. They're both dead."
"From Gaea?" he asks.
She shakes her head, "I don't know. She just said that "it" killed them. And she can't remember what "it" is."
"What's going on?" I ask, looking up at them.
She kneels next to me, "Nothing honey, don't worry about it. Okay?"
I frown, "Okay..." She turns back to the man, who seems to be thinking.
"Oh dear. Well, the Romans are going home today. We should get her back to Reyna." A girl in a purple shirt, armor, and a cape comes up to us. I've seen her before, she's a leader.
She holds her hand out to me, "Aelia, we're going back to Camp Jupiter. Come on, it'll be okay."
I scream, "No! No! I'm not going back there! It's going to kill me! No!"
She's taken aback, but she keeps her hand out, "No one can hurt you there. You'll be safe. Aelia-"
"No! No, no, no."
The other girl sits next to me, "Would you rather stay here? At Camp Half-Blood?"
I nod and she turns to the girl in purple, "Reyna, is it okay if she stays here?"
Reyna takes a deep shebreath, "As long as it's okay with Chiron."
"Of course. But where should stay? We could give her a room in the big house or-
The other girl cuts him off, "She can stay with me, Chiron."
He looks up, "Truly, Katie?"
Katie smiles, "Yes. If it's okay with her. Do you want to stay with me, sweetie?"
"Yes," I say pulling a strawberry off a plant and biting into it.
Reyna nods, "Well, us Romans will be going soon. Goodbye, Aelia."
I look up at her, "Bye, bye!"
She smiles at me and leaves. Katie holds out her arms and lifts me up. She starts walking away from the fields. I look back and see Chiron staring at me sadly. He mutters something to himself and turns away.