You may kiss the bride.

Prompt - Wedding

______________________________________

This was it, this was their time.

When Jay took me on that date a few months ago, I had no idea that it would lead to this, had no idea that Jay had been planning to propose to me, but he had. And here we are.

Of course I said yes to him. No hesitation whatsoever, but sometimes I think he is too good for me. He shoots all those theories down, and says he wouldn't want to be with anyone else. He always knew how to cheer me up.

Fast forward a few months, with all the planning involved, here we are. A new chapter not just in my life, but both of ours. We may have already been talking about having kids in the not-so near future, but we kept it to ourselves for now. Don't need to give Kai anymore heart attacks.

The planning had been the worst of the things we had to endure, but that's what we did. Endure. Because we both knew by the end of it, we would both be happy forever. And now you ask? Well I'm just outside the doors.

I remembered back to when I was forced to marry that too old excuse of an orange, who made me dislike dresses, and weddings in general. But now, knowing that I had the choice of who I wanted to be with, I was not so against the idea of having a proper wedding.

The organ started playing, playing the traditional "Here comes the bride," I started walking towards the altar. On the way, I spotted Jay's outfit he was wearing.

Instead of the traditional outfits, we both decided to get a twist on our wedding attire, being our elements showing off. My dress was white, however it had grey and light blue on it, with the results being nice. I also got my hair done for this occasion. Jay meanwhile, has a white shirt on, a light blue waistcoat, and a navy blue jacket and suit pants. However, he also elected to have yellow outlines on either side of the coat, done in a lightning pattern.

I finally reached the altar, where I could see both Kai, and Jay both tearing up from the occasion. I cannot blame them. I was in the same state.

Master Wu decided to officiate the ceremony, and we both had decided that we'd rather not have it any other way.

"Dear friends and family," Wu started.

"We are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Jay Walker, and Nya Smith in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Lloyd went to stand up, just for the joke, before Kai grabbed him roughly, and kept him sitting.

"Don't ruin it for them. Now's not the time for jokes." Kai said, his voice low. Lloyd shrunk back into his seat after that.

Wu, seeing no objections, carried on.

"Now, being their sensei, and then master for the last eight years, I have come to know my students as being the best as they could be, and even though they have had their ups and downs, they have came together to celebrate their togetherness, and have worked together through thick and thin and came out on top. I honestly believe that they have deserved this, and this is for many happy years." The audience clapped at that, while the both of us smiled.

Jay, seeing that the time for the vows, started.

"Nya, I know that over the last years, we have not always seen eye to eye. But the moment I saw you, I knew that you were special. I couldn't even speak! Zane had to translate what I said, which was 'Do you like blue?' When you said that it was your favourite colour, I knew that we were meant to be. When you helped me overcome my fears of having to impress you, and you told me to be myself, I knew that you were the one for me. The only one for me.

Then... that thing happened, and we got separated. I won't lie, I wanted to stay with you throughout everything, and you leaving broke my heart, but I eventually understood that the way it was, it was set up to fail. But since Nadakan, we reconciled, and to this day, I'm happy we did, cause I would've never been here with you.

But from the bottom of my heart, I love you, and am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you. I love you."

The crowd awww'd at that. I smiled, then started vocalising my own speech I prepared.

"Jay, when I first met you, I knew that I would end up with you, but I couldn't say that, not then, or it would have been weird, right? Anyway, from the start; your auburn hair, which back then I never knew that you dyed it, your sense of humour, I couldn't resist. When we went on our first date, I knew that you were the one. And yet I still doubted myself.

When Cole came along, I knew what not to think. Why did that machine show me that I didn't know. But part of me was glad since the relationship was going sour at that point. But I still couldn't get my mind off the issue, even after you all left. From then, our friendship at that point was stale, with us not talking much, but when Nadakan came along, we didn't have a choice.

Even if everyone else cannot remember it, I remember, I remember it all. I regret then saying that we were only ever going to be friends. I knew we weren't, but some part of me wanted to stay by myself, stay looking after myself. However I am glad that I did express my true feelings, cause look where we are now.

Losing you when you went to the first realm destroyed me. I had no idea how I was going to live without you. But when we found out you were all alive. I cried tears of happiness, and I knew that you were going to come back to us. And sure enough, you did. When you asked me to be your Yang, I knew that this day would come, and now, it has. I love you with all my heart Jay."

The tears from the crowd had increased, with Nya noticing Kai cry first, then Jay, and then finally herself. She reminded herself to get the money Kai bet off of him.

Wu cleared his throat, then continued.

"And now, Jay, do you take Nya to be your wife, to promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him/her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him/her forevermore?

Jay looked at me, and smiled.

"I do."

And Nya, do you take Jay to be your husband, to promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him/her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him/her forevermore?

Jay looked at me, and I smiled back.

"I do."

The ring bearer came along with the rings, and Jay and Nya took them, and held them out in their hands. Wu continued.

Nya and Jay will now exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment to each other. Rings are a precious metal; they are also made precious by you wearing them. Your wedding rings are special; they enhance who you are. They mark the beginning of your long journey together. Your wedding ring is a circle—a symbol of love never ending. It is the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end.

I held out my hand to Jay, in which he slipped a ring on the finger.

"Take this ring as my commitment and love for you."

He then placed his hand out, and I slipped the ring on his finger.

"Take this ring as my commitment and love for you."

"And now by the power vested in me by Ninjago, it is my honour and delight to declare you man, and wife. Go forth and live each day to the fullest. You may kiss the bride."

Nya and Jay looked at each other, came together, and kissed. The crowd went wild.