Worse? It can't get worse!

Prompt - "At least this can't get worse!"

______________________________________

Nya doesn't know how her often-idiot of a boyfriend managed to get her to run in front of the others and get to the threat quicker, but she did, and now they were both in trouble.

When the bullets started firing, she grabbed Jay, and threw them both behind a log. They kept their heads down, Nya with a radio in her hands.

"Where are you guys?!"

"Still a few minutes away, hold in there!" I heard my brother on the other side. "But if you didn't run off without us, maybe we could all take them out!"

"It wasn't my plan." She said, Jay taking offense.

"You didn't have to agree!" He retorted.

"I didn't want you to go off alone!" She argued, then gave a small chuckle. "But I still love you."

Jay let out a small laugh. "And I love you too." He planted a small kiss on her head. She smiled.

"Er Guys." The radio called out. They both turned their attention towards the radio. "We can still hear you."

"Get here quick!" Jay Said, and turned the radio off.

"Don't worry, we are trapped down, with nowhere to go, and the others a few minutes away. At least this can't get worse!" Jay smiled. But Nya started panicking. Whenever Jay said something like that, something did go worse.

Suddenly, a grenade was thrown over the log, landing next to them. Nya gave Jay a glare, in which he gave a nervous chuckle.

"Why did you Jinx Us..."