He knocked Rayla onto the ground and tried to hit her with his hook. She blocked him with her swords and I jumped him from the side. The man tried to attack me but I jumped to Rayla's side before he could. Rayla noticed something and she signaled me to follow her lead. She jumped onto a tree and started running and I followed. The man swung his chain once more and caught Rayla by the boot. She fell off the tree and knocked into me on a lower branch making me fall off as well. I managed to stab my daggers on a branch. The man pulled Rayla up by her foot. Struggling to get up on the branch, the guy threw a chain that trapped one of my hands around it.

"Give me the boys peacefully and I'll let you both go. Release your prisoners," he said.

"They're not prisoners," Rayla said a bit offended.

"Yeah, they're with us willingly," I added still struggling to free myself.

"What? Why would they trust you?" he asked mad.

Rayla freed herself from the chain by doing a swirl and I used my magic to turn my daggers into metal bracelets on my arms giving me the chance to pull my hand free. I jumped onto the same branch with Rayla.

"Because were in this together. They're our friends now."

The guy threw his hook again and Rayla blocked it.

"Friends? You killed their father!"

"I didn't kill anyone," Rayla said.

"Yeah, me neither."

"Your leader did. What's the difference?"

"I wasn't even with them," I said.

"(y/n)!"

"What? It's true."

The guy threw his hook again and we jumped. Rayla ended up falling and barely grabbing onto a branch.

"Rayla!"

Her knife fell down and she was now holding on with one hand. I jumped down as fast as I could to help her but the man threw a chain at my leg. I struggled once again to get free and he went up to Rayla.

"Wait. They don't know, do they?"

Rayla flipped up and kicked the man off the tree. She came up to me and helped me get free of the chain. We tried running back to camp but we ended up on a cliff side. The man's chains rattled behind us.

"When they find out, they'll hate you," the man said.

"Shut up," Rayla replied.

I was still looking for a way out without depleting my magic when the man shot his hook again. He caught Rayla's weapon and smiled, but she outsmarted him by grabbing his chain and jumping off the cliff. I grabbed Rayla and conjured a magic buble-shield around us. I put it down in time for Rayla to stab her swords onto the side of the mountain and stop us from falling.

We stood up on a tree and looked down, but the man was no longer a problem as he was too far down the mountain to reach us.

"Savor your victory elves, next time you wont be so lucky."

"Says the guy in the ditch!" I yelled back turning around and hopping off.

We got far enough away to catch our breath.

"Why didn't you do the bubbly thing earlier?!" Rayla asked

"'cause it isn't an easy spell, also it lowers the damage but doesn't neglect it. I'll be feeling that fall tomorrow..." I said dreading my future.

Rayla and I made it back to camp running.

"Go, go, go, we've gotta move," Rayla said as she passed the princes.