33: A Lost Sense

Depuis le début

She sat diagonally in front of me in class, so a lot of the time I'd let my eyes wander over to her to see her fingers brushing across braille, and then type on her special laptop. She lived without having to get special classes as worked harder then anyone to keep up with the work which I admired about her. I noticed when she was stuck on a question she'd repeatedly move her hand over the brail, twirling a strand of her hair in between her fingers whilst she thought. There were many times where Uraraka in the seat next to me ended up poking my arm to snap me out of my stare at (y/n), making me blush and her giggle.

Before I realised it I received another poke in the arm from Uraraka's pencil. I turned and glared at her, making her laugh silently again. The rest of the morning went by normally, and when the lunch bell sounded I stood up and approached (y/n)'s desk. "Ready for lunch?" I asked her as we plus Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka and Asui all went down to the cafeteria together.

"I'll be down in a bit, there's just something I need to do first," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do you need any help with anything?" I asked, wanting to spend time with her, just the two of us.

"No it's fine, thank you Todoroki. I'll meet you all down there," she said, her ghostly eyes never actually landing on my face. I was used to this though, after all, she didn't look with her eyes.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit," I said and she smiled sweetly before standing up and walking out. I watched her go until both Asui and Uraraka snapped me from my daze.

"Hurry up, we're hungry," Uraraka said and I rolled my eyes, walking with them, Midoriya and Iida down towards the cafeteria. We had gotten our food, sat down and ate it all yet there was still no sign of (y/n). I craned my neck, looking towards each entrance of the hall but not seeing any sign of her. I didn't know where she could've gone to, but thinking about it she had been walking away from the group to go places on her own. Perhaps next time I should insist on accompanying her, as then I could make sure she was definitely safe.

Suddenly there was a loud siren sounding throughout the hall, a siren that indicated someone had breached the security system. This hadn't happened since just before the USJ attack, and it was slightly worrying given the fact that UA had upped their security immensely since then. Immediately the cafeteria was hectic, but Midoriya pointed out that they had their hero licences, so they could stand and fight. A fair few others in the cafeteria realised that too, as I noticed not everyone was running around crazily.

Everyone was evacuating quickly, but outside we saw who it was breaking in. It was the League of Villains, who had obviously been recruiting once again. Many of their members we didn't recognise, and it wasn't like the USJ where they accumulated a number of random thugs. This was more like the Summer Camp, but on a much larger scale. They had obviously been polishing off their new recruits ready for this attack - no wonder we hadn't heard anything about them in a long time.

The teachers began fighting straight away both inside and outside of the school. Through the windows we could see a many villains invading the corridors, and immediately Midoriya ran back into the school to fight. Iida tried to stop him as despite us having our hero licences, we were told by Mr Aizawa to stay away.

A thought suddenly crossed my mind, a thought that made my stomach churn and made my feet run back into the school without thinking, despite Iida's shouts. (y/n) was still inside.

- An Hour Earlier - - (y/n)'s POV -

I said goodbye to Todoroki and walked through the halls of UA up towards its rooftop garden. I always loved it up there as barely anybody went, and it was filled with plants and sunshine. It was a happy place for me, somewhere I liked to spend a bit of time in alone and away from the world.