Chapter 15: Past

Start bij het begin

"I hate this, "I speak as my brows creases resembling my irritation. Taking a sip from the smoothie, I get up from the stool, leaving a frowning Jimin.

"Yah! Where are you going?"Jimin asks while I just shoot him a glare. I'm so done with him.

"Shower," I state bitterly before leaving the kitchen.

||

Jimin's P.O.V

A subtle breeze rustles the leaves, attracting them towards the solid concrete one by one discretely. The soft beams of the sun glowing in certain spots of nature, giving them a surreal appearance. The pathway is hidden under the scattered orange and red leaves. The innocent giggles of the children along with the creaking noise of the swing fills the air, flashing memories of my childhood.

This place is no park nor a child care center.

This is the orphanage where I was raised.

It's been a long time since I came here. The desire of coming here was always on my mind but for certain reasons, it remained only a desire at the end of the day. But today I finally set my feet here after a long time. Bittersweet memories of mine are plastered with everything here even though things have changed a lot.

I had been orphaned so young that I had no collection of memories with my biological parents. Maybe it was temporary mercy. Cause if I could remember the warmth of my parents, then it could've been really hard to overcome that. I remember the children living with me used to have a great ability of hope and patience. Whether their parents are dead or basically just abandoned them.

Similar to the princess of fairytale waiting aimlessly for their prince charming.

Simple and lone was the kind of life which I was leading in this orphanage back then. Until at the age of 10, a heavy-hearted couple visited the orphanage. That day was the introduction of a glimpse of parental affection in my life. I was adopted by them. Turns out, they lost their only son when he was a 4-year-old kid. And he was supposed to be around my age back then.

Three years...

 Only three years was the span of time I could experience that bliss. The feeling of being pampered, the celebration of Christmas with family, the momentary joy...all were gone. Until mom and I became the victim of a car accident. Even though I survived the awful accident after weeks of treatment. But unfortunately, my mom couldn't make it.

That was it. I once again regained by lone life like a leech, not letting me go. Distraction was the only thing my dad could think of that he engaged himself in overwork. Alcohol was his other consoling friend whilst I was barely visible to him.

Silly me! Expecting other than that...

I step forward, pushing this vivid evocation in the back of my mind. The subtle warm breeze frolics with her soft hair as soon my eyes spot her. Boredom was apparent in her mood as she minimally shakes her leg. That's one of her stubborn habits on her "break the habit" list.

The inconquestional realization of her exception in my life sometimes meanders randomly in my mind. She's totally different from me. Back then, she was one of the detention-attracting students. Childish pranks and friends were all she surrounded of. I don't even know how I got along with her even though I'm totally opposite of her.

Her pretty face steadily guises crinkles in between her eyebrows as she scrolls through her phone. Hint of pink was creeping through her neck, the more she observes her phone.

Curiosity overlaps me.

Without any second thought, the next moment I snatch the phone out of her grip.