1st Meeting

"Lucient, please go on a date with me!"

        "Lucient, would you go out with me?"

        "Lucient, this present is for you."

        Lucient Snart, a gorgeous beauty who had clear eyes, was an object of affection for many, regardless of gender. A pretty girl, with top grades in school to boot, who wouldn't want to get their hands on her? or so everyone thought.

        The saying 'eyes are the windows of the soul' exactly describes her situation.

        Lucient, as known as Lucy, had glassy eyes which could reflect the eyes of another person. When she stares into someone's eyes, they would get mesmerized. On the other hand, she would be able to enjoy a sneak peek -- the moment that person meets their soulmate.

        Most of the time, the person who locked eyes with her would fall in love with her.

        Why?

        Because people are all narcissistic. They love themselves more than anyone in the world.

        Lucy knew the truth, that people only fell in love with her after looking into her eyes, is because they love their own reflection in her eyes. This situation often lead them to have a sudden surge of courage and urge to approach Lucy.

        These scenes would play out exactly like the dog that lost its bone because of the reflection it saw in the water. Greed. The desire of wanting to make the reflection in Lucy's eyes theirs. As a result, Lucy had to avoid the pursue of many who were lusting after her eyes.

        "I'm not your fate." That was her response every time she couldn't shake someone off.

        She had been dealing with these cases since young. Presently, she is an expert, but everyone is bad at something initially. Things didn't turn out quite well then, so she had to rely on her parents and her childhood friend, Luos Etam.

        Her first meeting with Luos in the kindergarten was dramatic and typical...

        After looking into a boy's eyes, he suddenly confessed to Lucy. She was busy enjoying the clip of the boy's meeting with his soulmate from his eyes that she didn't avert her eyes for quite some time. As expected, she got misunderstood of her intentions.

        The boy kept pestering and following her around. Luos, who was one of the boys who had a crush on her decided to be her hero and stood up to the boy to shield Lucy.

        "Hey, stop following Lucient around! Can't you see that she doesn't like it?" Luos continued bashfully, "Y-you can't just hog her all to yourself!"

        The other boys in the class agreed with Luos and started a ruckus, "Yeah, Lucy belongs to all of us!"

        "Are you alright, Lucient?" asked Luos kindly.

        Lucy was shocked to see Luos -whom she knew since they were babies- suddenly started talking to her after six years of ignoring her.

        "I'm fine even without your help!" Lucy felt angry as she looked into Luos' eyes for the first time. There, she saw something peculiar --- herself in her exact situation.

        Realizing that Luos was her soulmate, she said without hesitation, "Your mine!"

        "Huh?" Luos' face was red like a cherry.

        "You're the one for me!" she reaffirmed proudly. Poor Luos was confused as he was dragged away by Lucy's pace.

        Feeling the joy of finding her own soulmate, she decided to do the same for others --- help soulmates meet each other.