14

Warning: Mention of sexual, physical, and emotional abuse as well as suicidal thoughts.

"Everyone who had a hand in it will die. Get me?"

Sam's eyes flickered from Gabriel's to (Y/n)'s. He half expected his twin to open her mouth and say something on the matter, but she remained silent. "Yeah. We do."

Pulling away from his anger and annoyance, Dean sighed. "Okay, you guys went through it. We get it, alright?" Gabriel turned his attention to Dean, not quite relaxing his body yet. "But killing Loki," he shook his head, "not gonna change any of that." The archangel pursed his lips, looking away. "'S'not. In fact, probably not gonna make you feel better. Either of you."

Gabriel looked to the ground, then at his soulmate. (Y/n) lifted her head from his shoulder. "Well, agree to disagree, Dean-o. We all have our demons." He turned his eyes back to Dean and Sam. "Mine are here, in this town. And if they're my demons, they're hers too."

"Okay," Sam said quietly, nodding. He took a few steps forward. "But, you're low on grace. And Loki knows you two are coming--"

"Sam." Dean interrupted. At that, the brothers left the room to talk.

(Y/n) sighed aloud, rubbing away her dry tears with her knuckles. 'Sam wants to help, but Dean doesn't like the whole revenge-scene. It's run throughout the family. It never really works for us. It always ends ugly.' She paused and looked down. 'Even if it involves me... he doesn't want to help. Imagine that.'

That hurt her. Of course, it hurt her. There was an opportunity for those involved in her kidnapping to be brought to 'justice.' Even if it was killing everyone, (Y/n) saw it as fine. In a way, it would put her at peace.

Before Gabriel could express some comforting words, Sam and Dean entered the room again. "Gabriel, (Y/n)," both looked up at him. "If you agree to help us, we'll agree to help you."

Their sister's eyes widened, and she turned her attention to Dean.

Her older brother smacked his lips and shrugged with the smallest smile, even if there was sarcasm drawn into it. Gabriel squeezed her hand again, also looking between the brothers. He hummed to them, a silent 'thank you'/'yes.'

(Y/n)'s upper lip twitched for a few moments before it bloomed into a smile.

-

While Sam and Dean prepared bags for the fight, Gabriel and (Y/n) stepped out of the room to change into less bloody clothing. The archangel chose a pair of dark jeans, a dark green t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. (Y/n) had a bit of trouble choosing, as she had forgotten what had been her usual hunter clothing.

Gabriel pointed at a brown leather jacket, blue jeans, a gray t-shirt, then black combat boots. "That's the last thing you wore before we left for Monte Carlo." He watched her slowly tremble while putting it on, still shaken by the events that happened there. "Hey, hold on."

(Y/n) paused, her fingers holding the hem of her top. Her soulmate strolled over to the other side of the bathroom and took her hands in his.

"We're going to get through this, okay?" Gabriel squeezed her hands. "Those S.O.B.'s won't ever bother us like this again." He let go of her hands and pressed his lips against hers for a few seconds. "It'll be over soon, and after helping your brothers, we can go back to living away from the life."

Another pause. (Y/n) opened her mouth, a hoarse reply coming out. "You... s-still ow-owe me..." She couldn't finish, but Gabriel knew what she was talking about.

He couldn't help but smile. (Y/n) had spoken outside of their heads, even if it was a few words. "That condo in Athens, I know." He chuckled and shook his head, kissing her temple before walking out of the bathroom. "I haven't forgotten."

Knowing that his soulmate would need a few minutes on her own, Gabriel decided to talk to Sam and Dean about her, which they had agreed to do. (Y/n) told him that she didn't want to see the looks of pity on her older brothers' faces or anger for that matter.

"Before you two say anything on what we're doing, there's something that needs to be discussed." Sam and Dean shut up fast, hoping it was about- "This involves (Y/n)."

Everyone got comfortable wherever they were sitting. Gabriel let out a deep sigh and intertwined his hands together. "As you two are aware, (Y/n) had a different... relationship with Asmodeus than I did.

"The prince's goal for me was to break me completely. And he had some sort of attraction to her, and he also found that using her as his toy would break me." Dean and Sam flinched, and there it was. Pity. "If she didn't... obey him, make enough noise for him... make enough noise for me to hear her, he would punish her by... beating me." Gabriel shivered at the memories.

Dean leaned forward, crossing his arms. "Why didn't you help her? She's your soul-- you two are soulmates. Didn't that help any?"

Gabriel's expression darkened, and he glared at the older Winchester. "I don't think you understand. If a certain amount of time passes when we're not together, we lose all communication with each other." 'Calm down. He's just trying to understand.' His eyes softened, and he took in a deep breath. "Without my Grace too, I couldn't do anything. In the seven years of being apart from her, I can't tell you how many times I thought about..."

Pausing, he tried to find the right words as to which Sam and Dean would understand. "If I died, (Y/n) would've died too. I considered finding a way to kill myself so we wouldn't have to endure pain like that anymore." Both hunters' eyes widened. "Even if that meant I'd be in her Heaven instead of where angels go when they die, I knew that she wouldn't want that. (Y/n)'s too stubborn for own good."

Sam pressed his lips into a thin line. "That's why she won't talk. And doesn't like being touched by anyone but you." It wasn't a question.

Gabriel snapped his fingers. "Bingo. All she needs is time, and no matter how frustrating it may be for you to hear my voice-" He looked at Dean, who scowled, "but I tell you her thoughts as well. I physically can't lie about how she's feeling."

On cue, (Y/n) opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out. She was tugging at the cuffs of her jacket, looking a tad uncomfortable. 'Y'all done talking?'

"They understand." Gabriel nodded to the boys.

Dean looked at his sister, who smiled at him and Sam. He then clapped his hands together and stood up to finish putting a few bags together. "Right then, let's get this show on the road."