10

(Y/n) and Gabriel were leaning against the headboard of their bed, fingers intertwined while Sam worked on patching Gabriel up. There was still refusal in touching (Y/n), so the brothers (Sam) thought it best to put a cloth on the archangel first, then have him help his soulmate out.

"Alright, this is gonna hurt a little," Sam warned as he pressed the bandage against the claw marks on Gabriel's stomach.

The archangel groaned, squeezing his soulmate's hand, who was feeling the same amount of pain. "A little?" (Y/n) grunted in agreement. Small noises were taken as her words, some easier than others to figure out.

"Did you know it all that we were coming?" Dean asked from the opposite side of the bed. His arms were crossed, his eyebrows were furrowed down. Upset, annoyed, any negative emotion that compared to those... he felt.

Gabriel scoffed. "C'mon, gimme a little credit." He sat up, then helped (Y/n) sit up, only for her to put her head on his shoulder. "We felt your witch's tracking spell the moment she laid it on me."

'Tasted like Haggis.' (Y/n)'s nose scrunched up, making Gabriel laugh beside her.

"She said it tasted like Haggis."

Dean rolled his eyes, frustrated at not hearing the words from her. Before he could make a snarky comment on that, Sam interrupted with a needed question: "So, now you're in trouble? Dragging her into it?"

"What gave you that idea?" Gabriel asked, wide-eyed and a bit confused... well, the confusion was a lie.

Rolling his eyes again, Dean gestured to the wounds on the soulmates' sides. "Well, we show up to your room, and (Y/n) here is gushing out blood, then you show up looking beaten up. Meaning you started something, and she got the punch too."

'Are you going to lie or tell the truth?' Of course, (Y/n) knew the answer. She shared a brain with him.

Gabriel shrugged, then gestured to his injury. "This? Y-Ya know you roll into town for a little 'R and R' needed to grab a drink while she rested for a bit... stumbled into the wrong poker game. Take the guy's money, his wife flirts with ya- though you don't back..." he shrugged again. "Things get messy."

It was, of course, not believable. "You trying to tell us that you two came here for a little 'R and R'?" Sam asked, gesturing around to the motel.

"Yeah, this isn't exactly Riviera," Dean added. His eyes were narrowed, looking mostly at his sister. He really did expect her to open up and talk or interrupt Gabriel with the truth... but with them being connected and having the same ideas, (Y/n) wasn't going to intervene.

Gabriel looked away, nodded with an unsure smile. "I know, right?" '

'You should get to the part about your grace. They clearly don't believe you'. He shot (Y/n) a side glare, then looked back at Sam and Dean. "Yeah... so, uh... I don't suppose you guys have any more of my grace lying around, right? 'Cause uh... tank's a little low."

Sam arched a brow. "Did you drain it killing Asmodeus?"

"And ditching you, as well as a few things to help dear (Y/n) here," Gabriel added, nodding. It earned the Winchester's famous bitch-face from the moose. "It'll be charged- eventually... But, uh, until then..." He raised his eyebrows, hoping to hear they still had some.

Dean closed his eyes. "Whatever we didn't use on you, we used to open a rift."

Right. Jack... and (Y/n)'s mother. A twisted feeling ached around in (Y/n)'s gut at the thought. 'If they don't have it, are we leaving?' Part of her didn't want to leave her brothers again. Another thought told her that if she stayed, there would be questions and the life would be set back onto her.

'Leaving.' Gabriel was a bit shocked at that fact, his grace used for opening a portal to another world. But Sam and Dean were Winchesters, so there was that explanation. "Okay, cool. Super Doops. Okay, well, uh..." He nodded to Sam and Dean. "In that case, gentlemen, we must bid you--"

When (Y/n) tried to sit up, she let out a small cry of pain, resulting in Gabriel feeling the same- so they leaned back on the board again.

'Bad idea...' (Y/n) adjusted her body so she was lying down. "Yeah, nope... maybe after a little siesta." He adjusted his body so that he and (Y/n) were tangled in the bed together, careful not to put pressure on each others' wounds, then closed his eyes.

Dean threw his hands up in the air and pinched the bridge of his nose. This was stupid and going to take a long time.