8

Fight scenes are a little weird for me to write. I'm not entirely used to them... so bear with me, please. This is also the beginning of 'Unfinished Business'! Enjoy!

The back streets and alleyways of Central City, Colorado, are dark and empty. The only source of light is bright signs leading into buildings and the moon dangling in the sky.

A ginger man wearing a black leather jacket stumbles past a bright sign with an arrow that advertises a liquor store. He's carrying a clear bottle of liquor that occasionally reaches his lips. The taste is satisfying, and that's about all that matters.

The beautiful tune of a Western-type song stops the man in his tracks. The bottle drops to his waist. He looks around for an answer as to where the music was coming from.

"Fenrir Odinsbane!" The ginger man, Fenrir, turns around at the familiar voice.

Another man, dressed in slacks, a white button-up, and a black trench coat emerged from beside a dumpster, a golden kazoo between his lips. After revealing himself, the man took the kazoo out of his mouth and pivoted on his heel to face Fenrir.

"Gabriel..." Fenrir drawled out, his Nordic accent strong. The archangel cocked his head to the side and smiled before walking closer to Fenrir. "I assume you're not here to apologize?" He approached Gabriel as well, taking one last long drink of his bottle before tossing it.

Gabriel's smile faltered. "Ya think?" He finally stopped a yard or two away from Fenrir. The left flap of his coat pushed back dramatically, revealing a wooden sword. Fenrir's lips curled into a snarl as a green wolf symbol surrounded his face, and once it disappeared, fangs replaced his teeth. "Now, I vowed to do this honorably," Gabriel rolled his shoulders back and let go of his coat after pulling the sword out. "No gimmicks, no tricks." He lifted the sword and spun it around in his hands. "Just mano... a-mano... and I need to be back for dinner, so let's hurry this up, hm?"

Fenrir growled, claws quickly replacing both of his hands. The archangel moved one foot back, getting into a stance before moving to dodge a swing towards his body, letting out a 'Woah!' at the closeness. Dodging the next claw with the wooden sword, Gabriel took a few steps back and twisted around, swinging the sword through the air, only for Fenrir to duck.

Swinging the sword up several times did nothing either, as Fenrir dodged each and every attack. But a hint of luck was on Gabriel's side as the other man took a moment to prepare for his next attack. The archangel forced a harsh kick to him in the face. Gabriel quickly backed up as Fenrir regained his balance. He raised the wooden sword and grinned. "Ha!"

Fenrir growled in anger as they circled each other. Stopping a couple yards away from each other, Gabriel lifted his hand and motioned Fenrir over, whistling as he would towards a dog. "Here, boy."

That move only angered Fenrir more, to which he growled again and went to claw at Gabriel again. Both men managed a few swings before the wrist and claw met arm and sword, thankfully, the archangel hit Fenrir with the butt of his sword multiple times before pulling back, but the claws met his skin and trailed from the lower arm down to the hand. "Ahhh!" He looked down at his hand and groaned in disgust. 'Gabriel, what's going on?' Even though Gabriel knew it would bite him in the ass later, he ignored his soulmates' groggy and worried voice. She partly knew what he was doing, but she didn't expect him to end up cutting them both up.

Fenrir raised his eyebrows as he looked the archangel up and down. "Never knew an archangel to bleed."

Throwing arms up in the air, Gabriel grinned sarcastically. "You got me!"

With a low growl and grunt, Fenrir took the opportunity to strike again.

Seeing an opportunity, Gabriel swung the sword, only for Fenrir to catch it. Managing to keep a grip on the weapon, Gabriel switched his body around and backed both himself and Fenrir up, soon enough making enough room to drive the blade through the other man's body.

The growling stopped. Fenrir was done. But the archangel paid a small price... three claw marks were bleeding heavily down his right lower abdomen. He could hear his soulmate whimpering in pain and freaking out. This is how it bit him in the ass.

'Hold on, sugar. I'll be right there.' Gabriel pulled the sword out with a grunt, turning around to see Fenrir's limp and lifeless body. After a moment, he pulled out a small sheet of paper that had four names written on it. Fenrir's was crossed out in crimson. 'Get a cloth and apply pressure if you can move. Just stay awake. I'll be right there.'

He hated putting (Y/n) in danger like this, especially after their seven years of being apart and with Asmodeus. But Gabriel couldn't risk her seeing him fight and get hurt. Of course, that logic didn't make any real sense because if he got hurt...

His soulmate was going to pay the same price of pain.