13

Warning: Mentions of sexual abuse

After telling the story of how the soulmates eloped to Monte Carlo and got captured, Dean needed something strong in his system. He pulled a flask from his pocket, turned around, and took a long swig of it. There were multiple bits of their story that seriously bothered him, the top two being his sister running away because of the archangel and how they were in the final stage of their bond... ugh. Then there was 'Loki' business to top it all.

"Hold on..." Dean turned around at the thought of the god. "I thought Loki was you."

Gabriel shrugged and lifted his cuffed hand in the air. "It's trippy, I know." He sighed internally. More stories. Fun. "Look, remember when I told you I went into witness protection? Who do you think put me there?"

Sam arched an eyebrow. "Loki?" His tone suggested disbelief, which made little sense in this situation. Gabriel was pouring out everything that he'd done with (Y/n) for the past years... why wouldn't they believe him? "You and Loki are friends?"

The archangel let out a breathy chuckle. "We were." Time for another story. "A few thousand epochs ago, I was out for a... hike in the fjords. Came across Loki bound in a cave, snake dripping venom into his eye. Ugh..." He made a disgusted face. "Apparently, he had some spat with his pops." 'Continue the story, Gabriel.' He shot (Y/n) a look, then sighed. "Anyhoo, I freed him. Saved his life."

Dean made a 'you've got to be kidding me' face then threw the flask aside. "Then my real brothers started going at it... I wanted out." His whiskey eyes avoided Sam and Dean's, feeling a tad guilty. "Loki owed me one... So, he helped me ditch 'Gabriel' and become him."

"So... then you took on his whole 'Trickster vibe'." Dean finished, leaning on the chair he had been sitting on before.

Gabriel tapped his nose twice, then pointed at Dean.

"What did Loki do while you were impersonating him?" Sam asked, crossing his arms.

"Ah, well..." Gabriel shrugged lightly. "He had his own family drama to worry about. It was in his best interest to go off the grid for a while."

Dean raised his eyebrows. "But you two saw him in Monte Carlo." Now he was just a smidge confused.

"Well..." Shrugging again, Gabriel eyed (Y/n), who had been silent both ways during the telling. "We needed someplace to hide... he'd already helped me the once, so I figured he would allow me in, with (Y/n) too. Every god, celestial being, and demon understands soulmates... so he did too."

Dean scoffed and shook his head, a fake smile reaching his lips. "You know, none of this would've happened if you two just stuck around and helped us fight Lucifer." The slight annoyance was towards both Gabriel and (Y/n). She had a hand in this too, and she's a Winchester and a hunter. That was her job, to be with family and fight evil sons of bitches.

Anger slowly rose in Gabriel, while (Y/n) just felt annoyed and a tad hurt. "Hey, I did help you- and (Y/n) had a hand in it too." He slowly stood up, his soulmate having no choice but to do the same. But it ended being good for her, as she was able to stand behind Gabriel, resting her head against him. She had a feeling that a fight was coming up... and that's the last thing she wants to see at the moment. "Casa Erotica?"

Sam made a face. "You call that help?"

"I call that art," Gabriel corrected, then turned to Sam. "But yes, without me, you two chuckleheads never would've known how to throw Lucifer back in the cage."

There it was again, rising anger. (Y/n)'s annoyance slowly fell, as Gabriel's anger started to cloud it. "But instead of giving us a hand, you two ran. And you just did it again when you two ditched us at the bunker." He turned to his sister. "You've never been a runner before you met him. Family comes first, don't you remember that?"

Sam, seeing what was happening here, and not wanting it to escalate further, lightly touched Dean's arm. "Alright, Dean--"

"I have more important things to do than join your little band of Merry Men." Gabriel snapped back. 'I wanted out... I know family comes first...' (Y/n) sniffed beside him, her nose twitching. "And didn't you hear before? She wanted out. And that still applies now!"

Dean shook his head. "What you're doing here isn't important. And you can't escape the life--"

"EVERYDAY ASMODEUS TORTURED ME!" Gabriel shouted, his fuse finally snapping. (Y/n) flinched beside him. "EVERYDAY I LISTENED TO YOUR SISTER'S CRIES FOR HIM TO STOP- EVERYDAY I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO COMFORT HER. EVERY. DAY." (Y/n) leaned on him more, the mention of what had been done to her breaking her again. "HE FED OFF MY GRACE FOR YEARS, HE MADE SURE THAT I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP HER. HE USED ME- HE USED HER. HE DEBASED ME UNTIL I WAS--" He stopped, tears nearly falling from his eyes. Both Sam and Dean watched Gabriel's breakdown stop, but they saw the tears streaming down

(Y/n)'s cheeks. "What I went through, what she went through... you don't forgive." He squeezed his soulmate's hand tightly, knowing that shouting wasn't the best thing to do with her around quite yet.

"Everyone who had a hand in it will die. Get me?"