The day we began to make a plan

Camila took a moment after hanging up the phone with Roger, her mind still reeling from the conversation and her chest heavy with concern the more she thought about it. She inhaled deeply and exhaled heavily trying to calm herself because this was good news and she wanted it to be treated as such.

But her relationship with Lauren had just found stability again and she didn't want anything disrupting that. Which is exactly what she assumed this would do. Though she knew those assumptions held no weight behind them. She could talk to Lauren and her fiancee would be the most supportive person in the world as she had always been.

But there was a nagging voice in the back of her head telling her that Lauren could also freak out completely and it would put a strain on them.

She closed her eyes and listened. Natalia's childish giggle rang from somewhere in the house with Bolt's small patters running around, no doubt following her daughter playfully. She couldn't hear Lauren but she knew the mother wouldn't have the little girl running around like a crazy person, she'd step in soon to calm the pair before something broke. And everything about that lifted Camila's heart in a way nothing else ever had.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself wrong. Because there stood Lauren with her arms crossed leaning against the door frame with a quirked brow. And Camila thought back to all the times in their teenage years that she'd seen this exact picture. Any time Camila had ever ignored Lauren, somehow the older girl had always found her way into the Cabello house and she would watch Camila in her struggles for a moment before approaching. She always gave Camila that moment to process before she sought answers.

"Your heart looks heavy, my love." Lauren spoke softly, not moving from where she stood and all Camila could offer her was a halfhearted smile.

"What if I told you that I was just offered an audition of a lifetime?"

"Acting?" Lauren frowned lightly before finally making her approach and sitting down beside the younger woman. "I didn't know you acted. I'm sure I would've seen something you're in."

"I've never done it before, aside from music videos," Camila reached out and took Lauren's hand in her own. "This will be a whole new ballgame."

The older woman couldn't quite understand why the brunette seemed so concerned so she offered her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Baby, what's up?" She urged softly.

"If I get it, that means filming and filming means an excessive amount of time in Los Angeles." The brown-eyed girl cast her gaze down to avoid the intense eyes of her fiancee.

"Oh." Because Lauren couldn't quite process the information granted to her that quickly and she certainly couldn't offer a better response.

They'd had very limited time apart and when they did, it was never detrimental to their relationship so Lauren had no reason to believe that this time would be different. But that didn't mean she liked having her fiancee so far away.

"Do you want to?"

"I've been trying to get into the film industry for a couple of years now," Camila confessed bashfully, her eyes glancing at Lauren through her long lashes. "But I didn't have you then. I didn't have Lia."

"Babe, we're never gonna stand in front of your dreams," The older girl turned her fiancee's head so their eyes could meet. "Take the opportunity, idiot. We'll always be here."

"It's just an audition." Camila mumbled.

"When have you ever not achieved what you set out to do?" Lauren quirked a brow and smiled.