thirteen

Today is Sunday. I took about half an hour to decide what to wear for the stargazing date with Draco later on.

After a while i had settled to wear a blue chiffon dress with little flower details on it. I told Ginny about the date today she gave me alot of advice as this was my first date.

Me, Ginny, Hermione and Luna had plans for today went to Hogsmeade to try the infamous butterbeer as today there were no school. We had a terrific time together there's so much things to do there we even tried almost all the sweets. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, chocolate balls and my personal favourite the chocolate frog.

As the time passed the sun was almost set we had no choice but to go back to our common room. After heading back we had dinner as usual i looked for Draco at the Slytherin's table and i instantly able to spot him we made our way to go out of the great hall together. Draco suddenly took my hand and led me to the astronomy tower without saying anything.

When we had arrived to the tower i was awestruck by the view from the tower, the sky was painted all over with stars. "hey Draco thanks" i said to break the akward silence. He then stares at me and slowly leaning closer and closer till our lips finally met. His kiss was gentle and soft, his hands was wraped around my waist, i could feel the warmth of his hand surrounding my waist.

I was nervous as heck as it was my first kiss, he then looked me in the eyes and said " Heather, your eyes remind me of the stars". My face begin to flush as red as it ever had been

" um- uh thanks i guess" i said nervously trying to hide my flushed cheeks.

He continued " my mum used to tell me that stars is a symbol of protection yet ive never felt protected before until, i met you" he said in low voice.

I replied back " Draco, you don't have to feel protected to be truly safe because i know you're always protected and loved even you dont realise it."

He then let out a small giggle and patted my head gently.
Suddenly, i spotted a light trail passing on the sky it was a shooting star i quickly held my hands and made a wish without minding Draco beside me. He then gave me a long stare without saying anything the whole situation was awkward but Draco managed to handle it, he was calm and composed. Me on the other hand, i was anxious the whole time, my hand was sweating and my heartbeat was increasing in every second.

The silence made the tower colder as it already is suddenly Draco broke down the silence and asked me " hey Heather would you mind joining me in a dance?" i then lent my hand out and he leads me to a slow dance. He was a great dancer, his moves were as flowy as the water. We danced and danced i didnt realised it was already pass midnight i guess its true when they say when you spend time with someone you love, time stops and that's true.

It was already late we had to went back to our common room. As we end the night i said to him " thanks um- for today, Draco" i stuttered he then gives me a warm smile and we went to our separate ways back to our room.

And yet i could only wish i could be with Draco forever but deep down i know this isn't where i belong and it will never be...