Claret

As the sky turned bright, Jungkook watched its sophistication. When he sensed movement, his neck craned to see Jimin getting out of the bigger tent. Smiling at him with a slight wave of his hand, he spoke. "Hi Hyung."

"Hey," Jimin carded his hair, staggering towards Jungkook. "You're up early."

"When do we start the hiking?" Jungkook asked instead, looking behind to see if Taehyung was following too. 

Jimin caught his gaze. "We were thinking to wait a little more for you, but since you are already up, we can start right now."

"Sound good." Jungkook stood up from the folding chair he was sitting at and Jimin turned back towards his tent when the former called him. Jimin stopped to see the younger coming closer with a bag. "This is for you. Thank you for everything that you've done for me."

Jimin smiled, unsure if he wanted to accept the gift. He didn't like the idea that Jungkook was giving him something because, in his mind, he thought he owed him something, but nonetheless, he wasn't going to reject it either. "Thank you, Jungkook. You shouldn't have. But thank you." He accepted the bag and sized it up.

"Open it if you want," Jimin grinned when Jungkook offered. He slowly unwrapped the paper to find the canary bell charm and an oversized white shirt. "You look beautiful in white." The younger hushed, scratching his temple. 

Jimin's grin widened. "Thanks, Jungkook. I'll treasure them."

Taehyung's sudden shriek made the two rush to the big tent.

The man essentially sprinted out. "There's a chameleon in there!"

Jungkook laughed at Taehyung's big frame, a big, hearty chuckle rumbling from inside him for the world to see, for Jimin to see. "Where is it, Hyung? I'll go ask him to be nice to you." He proposed, still laughing and shaking his head as he entered the tent. 

**

Thirty minutes down the line, the three were a hundred meters on the elevation, paving their way through the stones. Jimin and Taehyung were a bit breathless, out of practice, but Jungkook was in full form. "Come on!" He turned and saw the two slowing down. "We aren't even halfway. We have to reach at least there before the sun comes up."

"Yah!" Taehyung pointed his finger at Jungkook, whose finger was pointed at a peak. "Slow down, brat. We are old men."

"Speak for yourself," Jimin smacked Taehyung's head and proceeded further, trying to catch up with Jungkook. 

Taehyung wanted to chase after Jimin for revenge, but he deliberately slowed down, smiling to himself, seeing the two looking at him after a few seconds. He motioned them with the back of his hand to continue ahead in a way to say that he was right behind them. Taehyung kept his pace steady, maintaining a safe distance and allowing them to talk to themselves. 

Jimin was impressed by Jungkook's enthusiasm for adventure. "I didn't know you loved this. We have to do the bigger trek next time." He remarked.

"I beat my father every time," Jimin chuckled, seeing the boyish grin on Jungkook's face. "How long do you think it will take?"

"Half an hour more, and then we can eat and rest for an hour before coming back to base," Jimin answered, wiping the sweat off his temples. 

Jungkook sniffled, the cool air around them making his nose red. Jimin glanced back to check on Taehyung but continued to savor his time alone with Jungkook, talking, and laughing.

**

When they finally reached the peak, the sun was up and shimmering down at them, the warmth licking their cold skin. Jungkook stretched and took out the protein bars, handing one to each older male. There was a small temple on the peak and a few puppies ran out from inside, wiggling their tails and licking the men's boots.