Camping

When Jungkook started looking at small souvenirs, Jimin walked directly to the corner with confident steps like a man who knew what he wanted from the shop. The low ceilings and bright yellow inside made the place look chipper and warm. He looked back at Jungkook and then at the object of interest he wanted to buy. There were two bulls carved in bright red Ruby in the transparent casing. There were also two sockets in two chains that the casing pendants were supposed to fit. Jimin grabbed it from the shelf and walked over to the counter. 

Jungkook saw Jimin's back at the billing counter, speaking to the young girl, who was blushing profusely. He felt a tinge of heat in his center at the sight. It wasn't that he had an objection to Jimin smiling, but it was the way he was making the girl feel that had Jungkook's muscles taut with tension. After a few minutes when he looked away, he sensed the man behind him, his cologne melting in the air surrounding him. "Found something of interest?" Jimin asked when he discerned Jungkook knew he was there. 

"What says thank you and good luck?" Jungkook asked, now turning to see the man. His breath got caught in his neck when he felt warm breath against his cheek, mint, and coffee. 

"Get this," Jimin picked up a bell attached to a small leather hoop. The metal of the bell was etched with a canary. "The sound is supposed to clean the energy around and the canary is a symbol of good luck around here."

"Thanks," Jungkook's eyes dropped to Jimin's lips from his eyes rather slowly, holding the desire, unable to conceal it. It charged the air around them with electricity, but before anyone could get electrocuted in the wind, the younger pulled himself away from the space and walked to the counter. 

Jimin breathed deeply, looking down at his crotch to see a small bulge appearing. He placed the bag in front of his nether region and walked out of the shop. Taehyung looked at him flushed and a breathing mess, so before he could call it, Jimin rushed towards the car, mumbling, 'it's hot in here.'

After a few seconds, Jungkook walked out with two bags. Jimin watched him handing one to the Taehyung before he waltzed towards the car. 

**

Taehyung stared at the zipper, trying to figure out how to cover it over the frame of the tent. Jimin and Jungkook were so immersed in setting up the camp bed that they didn't notice Taehyung's absence, and the latter couldn't be happier about it. He had watched Jimin's face frowning in something when Jungkook had given him a small buddha charm, and he wasn't going to beseech him, given that a green-eyed monster was ready for a scathing attack, so he was on his own. 

"I wish I could-" Jungkook began and Jimin paused, intently stopping his hands to look at him and listen. 

Realizing the attention, Jungkook gulped and looked up at Jimin, who was waiting for him to continue. "What is it?" Jimin asked softly. 

"I wish I could take a nap for some time." Jungkook finished. 

"Then you should," Jimin's lips twitched a little up. "What's stopping you?"

Jungkook wanted to say he didn't want to do anything which wasn't planned in the itinerary. Every time he traveled with Jin, which wasn't anywhere special but to the man's hometown, he wasn't allowed the luxury of comfort, being uptight all the way so they could finish the travel in the allotted timeline.

"Go on, Jungkook," Jimin's voice sent tandems of nerves tickling under his skin, and his languid and assuring touch over his shoulder made the younger want to close his eyes and breathe deeply. "Have some rest."

"You should sleep first, Hyung. You were driving for so long." Jungkook opposed suddenly, wanting the man to rest for some time before they had to start cooking. A moment of reluctance passed, but Jimin didn't budge.

"Lie down now, will you?" Jimin smiled.

With warmth filling his chest, Jungkook got inside the tent to sprawl on the low bed. A breath of relief escaped his lips and with a smile, he shut his eyes close. 

Jimin went over to Taehyung and helped him to set up the second tent where Jungkook was supposed to sleep alone. The bigger one was enough for three people to sleep, but assuming that the boy wouldn't be comfortable, Jimin thought it was better to give him his privacy. They set up the tent in an hour and a half and Jimin returned back to the bigger tent to wake up Jungkook.  

When the boy didn't stir with Jimin's voice, he neared the curled-up mass and lightly patted his cheek.

Jungkook sneezed on Jimin's face and before the older could react, the younger was on his ass, sitting and looking at him in horror. "I am sorry. I am so sorry about my breath."

Jimin's eyes squinted, unable to understand why was Jungkook apologizing for his breath of everything else. He laughed, brushing his face, feeling little wetness there. "It's okay, Jungkook. I didn't die."

 When he comprehended that Jungkook was still looking at him with a clinical gaze, he smiled at him genuinely. "It's okay," he said, sitting beside him again. "We are starting the barbecue now. Thought you'd enjoy it."

"I will go." Jungkook got out of the sleeping blanket, completely out of his element. He kept glancing around to find something and Jimin watched curiously when the 20-year-old found his bag and took out his toothbrush.

With a small smile, he walked out of the tent and Jimin followed him right out. He watched as Jungkook used the portable sink and settled beside Taehyung on a folding chair. "Everything good with him?" Taehyung nodded at Jungkook's frame. 

"Not sure," Jimin answered, picking the tongs and sizzling the pork belly over the iron barbeque grill set on the stone elevation. 

Taehyung flashed a grin to Jungkook when he approached and got up, feigning to look for the seasoning. He took a chair beside Jimin, finding the man's eyes on him before he offered a small face towel to him. "Thanks." Jungkook wiped the water off his chin and breathed in the delicious aroma coming from sizzling meat. 

"When was the last time you've had a barbecue?" Jimin asked, lulling Jungkook into small talk. 

"I don't remember the time exactly. Maybe with Appa when I was little. I do remember the night though. I was very happy and I think that was why my mother was also happy. Appa always found his own happiness in ours."

There was a reminiscent smile on Jungkook's face, and although it was small, it wasn't for putting on the show like he did every time he thought of Jin and feigned that he wasn't. Jimin didn't say anything, but he felt it all, knew it all. 

The moment was hindered when his eyes fell on his phone screen that lit up in the dark. The small lift of lips shrunk to the size of nothing and Jimin saw in the reflection of the car's window what had caused it. 

How have you been Kook? How was your exam?

It wasn't the text, but the person who sent it that made Jimin wanted to do something drastic, something impulsive. Before he could lean closer, Jungkook stood up. "I- I am not feeling all that well," his voice shook and it made Jimin fold his phalanges. "I'll come back in a bit."