Party

"Hey," Jungkook's face flitted with a smile and he rushed towards Jimin. He couldn't deny that the man looked beautiful in a red trench coat with beige pants and black boots. 

"Hi, Jungkook. I am glad you made it." Jimin's lips had a goofy grin all of the sudden.

"Well," Jungkook chuckled and turned to see Jin sitting on a chair by the balustrade with his laptop. "We don't know anyone around here, so we will be leaving soon."

"Come on!" Jimin indicated towards the bar. "Have a drink and eat some cake."

Jungkook giggled, remembering how he celebrated Christmas back at home, with eggnog and raisin rum cake his mother would bake. "You look beautiful tonight," Jimin praised, looking at the boy's brown suspenders over his white reindeer sweater.

Jungkook smiled nervously, immediately looking back at Jin to see if he heard. Jimin seemed to notice, so he picked up one glass and held it up for Jungkook. "He is your boyfriend, right?"

"Um... Yeah, he just doesn't socialize much."

"I can see that," Jimin looked over at Jin, who was now glaring at him. "By the way, I hope you didn't mind me sending you a Facebook friend request. I needed to send the dress code to everyone, and I didn't want to drop by unannounced, so..."

"It's okay," Jungkook shook his head and Jin heard their indistinct laugh. "I-I should get back to him." The younger suddenly excused himself.

"Sure," Jimin sipped his wine, drinking in Jungkook's body as he began to rush back to Jin.

If Jungkook was his, he would show him tonight how special he was. 

Jin looked calm, but only Jungkook knew it was the calm before the storm. He understood that he didn't like him talking to Jimin. "What were you two talking about?" The man asked, keeping his gaze on the computer. 

"Hyung, please. If anything, he was asking about you."

Jin scoffed and got up, picking up the laptop with him. He began to walk out of the door. Jimin saw that and he ran to stop him. "Hey, Jin."

The older only looked at Jimin and didn't greet him back. Jungkook was behind them. His eyes wavered and he looked away. "Don't forget to pick your present." Jimin urged, pointing at the Christmas tree. 

The man still didn't speak a word. He walked past Jimin until he reached the grand decorated tree and crouched down. Within a few minutes of searching, he found his name on one of the boxes kept on the ground. He picked it up and found a beautiful card affixed on top.

To, Kim Seokjin, Wing B, 4th floor.

From your Secret Santa, P. Jimin.

 Jin began to open the box while sitting there. He pulled out a bottle of cologne, an expensive one. His reaction was to stare at it for a few seconds. By then, Jungkook paced up to him. "Let's go," Jin stated, standing up. 

"Let me find my box too," Jungkook got down on his knees and began to look. 

"I am leaving. Come back soon." Jin worded and left with his laptop and the cologne. 

Jimin was sticking close while maintaining a safe distance to witness everything, and when he ensured that Jin had exited the premises, he walked over to Jungkook again. "Need my help?"

"Yes, please," Jungkook's voice was a little shaky.

Jimin also went down on his knees, looking around until he found a box with Jungkook's name written on it. "Here."

"Thank you," Jungkook grabbed it and the next moment, he stood up. 

Another girl was looking at her box, but when she found a small snow globe with a small card on it, she smiled awkwardly at Jungkook and threw it back in the pile before fleeing. Jungkook looked away, knowing it was from Jin. Jimin wanted to talk, but the younger dashed out through the terrace door. 

Jimin sighed heavily, but he couldn't follow Jungkook, even if he wanted to. He fished out his phone from the coat and dropped a few texts on the boy's messenger. 

Is everything okay?

It seems that you are in trouble. If you need me to call someone, let me know.

Jungkook stopped and his breath got caught in his lungs, looking at the text. If Jin saw it, he would make more than just a scene. 

I am sorry for intruding, but I get a bad feeling from your boyfriend. I hope he isn't hurting you.

I am not okay... But don't worry about me. I will get through this. 

Jimin felt uneasy now. Was Jungkook reaching out for help? He had to ensure. Every time Jin was around, Jungkook's face paled. Jimin couldn't help but think if the man was abusing Jungkook. 

Is he forcing you in any way?

I do have your manager's number from the time when you asked me to call her. Let me know if I can call her or anything.

I will let you know if I need help. We are okay. Please don't text me. 

Deleting the entire conversation quickly, Jungkook got inside his apartment and walked to his bedroom. Jin was already in bed with lights turned dim. The boy walked up to open the nightstand drawer. "Hyung," he called after holding a gift box. 

Jin looked up at him and the present. "What's that?"

"Merry Christmas," Jungkook smiled. 

"I thought only secret Santas were supposed to give us presents." Jin looked confused. 

"Yeah, but it's my personal one, not some society thing. Open it."

The man sat up on the bed and started unwrapping it. "Why did you waste money?" He mumbled. 

"I didn't. I wanted to do something nice for you." Jungkook explained slowly, seeing his boyfriend taking out a green and white sweater. 

"Where did you get so much money from, Jungkook? You had none when I asked you for it."

"Can you please be happy for once that I did something nice for you?" Jungkook asked. As always, all his efforts were in vain. 

"Fine," thankfully to Jungkook, it seemed that the man was changing the subject, but he thought too soon. "What were you and Jimin talking about?"

"Just normal stuff. You don't talk to people doesn't mean I shouldn't too, Hyung." 

Consciously, Jungkook was still wondering if he was strong enough to live on his own, but he was aware of his decision in the back of his mind. He still needed a strong push to take a step and he had decided that he was going to give his boyfriend a silent ultimatum. If nothing changed and Jin would remain himself and pushed his buttons, he'd have to be strong once and for all. 

"It seems unfair that you speak to me like that, Jungkook. I am incapable of talking to strangers. You shouldn't make fun of my social anxiety."

Jungkook turned and started walking out of the bedroom. He slumped on the couch, his mind was full of it and he didn't know what to say or do. He wished for his nerve to pop and his head to burst, wanting all of this to go away.