chapter 5

Though I was reticent person I tried to talk to her so many times but whenever she saw me she left the place immediately. Of all people she should know how hard it was for me. I mean I annoyed her before but she’d forgot all the time and used to be normal. However, I wasn’t gonna give up. I was progressing with baby steps as behaving nicely with her gang. I hope she noticed.
One day I was in the kitchen for my late breakfast, nighttime passed thinking about Erin so sleep took over most of the morning.  I heard some giggles and saw through the back kitchen door, her four besties were sitting in the garden. It was a sunny day so they were enjoying the heat. I went closer to the door and stopped there. I think my heart stopped too just to beat louder again. There Erin was half lying in the middle of her friends, eyes closed, a hint of smile in the corner of her lips. The sunlight made her hair glow red and her buttery skin shining. I never saw her wearing too short dresses. Her friends even not. Her friends were limited with jeans and t-shirts.

But she was wearing shorts and a tiny lavender blouse

But she was wearing shorts and a tiny lavender blouse. That tiny cloth clung to her body with thin straps revealing the smooth skin of her arms, chest and stomach. Though it was a low sunny day I felt a scorching heat. They were gossiping. Erin would grin with them every now and then, a few locks of her hair falling to her face. Suddenly my hands ached to move it out of her face. I never looked at her that way but This time she caught my attention.
A part of me, to say it clearly a very stupid jealous and overprotective part of me looked around to see if there’s anyone else to see her body. Suddenly the curly head saw me. Thank god I wasn’t looking at Erin. I was absorbed in deep thought then, thought of her. If she’d caught me looking at Erin the situation would have been different.
‘’Look. Harry is there,’’ I heard her saying.
‘’Where? Where? Is he looking at Erin?’’ the little Mary or whatever asked.
Erin at once covered her body with the scarf. Though it was a rational act I don’t know why this act of her stung me. Did she think of me as a voyeur? I stared at her but she turned away and again ran out of the garden. Just what I thought, always running from me. But this time she can’t.I caught her from front. She looked scared when I blocked her way. But soon she composed her face and tried to go from the side. I grabbed her forearms tightly, holding her body against the wall.
‘’What’s wrong with you?’’ I asked.
She was trying to get free but I pinned up her more tightly grabbing her waist with one hand and her arms with another. I knew my touch was making her uncomfortable as she gasped with my every touch.
‘’What are you doing Harry? Leave me.’’
‘’No. I won’t. first you have to tell me why are you ignoring me.’’ i asked. I was having fun.
‘’Ignoring you? I’m ignoring you? What a joke!’’ she tried to laugh.
She thought her ignoring me didn’t hurt? She thought I wasn’t upset about that? How could she! My temper messed up again.
‘’all of this seems a joke to you? I am a joke to you now?’’ I tightened my grip,
‘’oh I won’t dare.” She mocked, unbelievable. “But you know what, you always think high about yourself. You’re the one making joke. . You always insult me. You always wanted to get rid of me. So, I’m leaving you alone. That’s it.’’ Erin said straightway.
I was surprised to see her talking like that.
‘’You never talked to me like that,” I said, stunned.
“You made me do it. I’ve learnt it from you how to talk.’’ She replied in a trembling voice, never leaving my eyes.
I was stuck. I’ve not anticipated something like that. I just stared at her, numb. She stared back, her face composed. I didn’t notice how we got so close. I could feel her controlled breath touching my face. she closed her eyes and a drop of tear fell from the corner of her eyes.
‘’Get off me Harry. It’s hurting.’’ She said through gritted teeth.
I didn’t realize I was grappling her arms. I at once released her and She ran away. But I froze there. She thought I wanted to get rid of her, that her pain gave me happiness. All those little banter wasn’t sweet to her. She thought I annoyed her because I don’t like her. Did she forgot that was how things had been between us? Or I’m still stupid to expect that she would be that little Erin. I was feeling so low. Little did she know that I was just reliving our days from childhood. Still, it’s my fault. I can’t get grip on my temper and possessive mind. But I will fix it. I saw the struggle in her eyes. She hated me for sure but there was care too. Well, there’s hope then.

(Erin's POV )

From that day when I’d hurt him with my words, when I saw the wounded look on his face, when I saw how he struggled for the right thing to say, when his touched burned my skin I forgot what peace was. Though I always pretended that I’m happy, normal in front of him. But inside I was toring apart knowing that I’ve hurt him. I didn’t want to get hurt. I’ve done nothing wrong, I just said the truth. From that day we were spending more time outside, thought it would help if I don’t see him. But somehow the pain always creeps in. The hardest part was being with the girls, that way I had to pretend I was okay when I wasn’t. It tormented me but didn’t complain. They don’t need to suffer with me. So I tried my best to be happy around them.
They decided to have a fun night so we were going outside. We got ready for the night city. I wasn’t in the mood for makeup and dress up but when they insisted I didn’t object. We got downstairs, In the living room mom, Anne and Harry were having their evening snacks with some chats. They saw us getting out.
‘’Wow, girls. You’re looking so beautiful.’’ Anne said.
‘’Are you going anywhere?’’ mom asked.
‘’Yeah mom. We’re going out. Please don’t worry if we’re late.’’ I replied.
‘’Is there any party?’’ Anne asked.
‘’No, but if we notice any outside we will definitely join?’’ Onia winked.
‘’Seems like a fun night.’’ Anne replied.

"Yes, we have a huge plan. First, we’ll go to see a movie. Then shopping and we’ll have dinner together. And if we think that we have enough time and energy then we’ll go to the club’’ Tanya described enthusiastically.
Suddenly Harry sat up from his lying position on the couch, a surprised look on his face.
‘’Your plans are great girls. Have fun’’ Anne encouraged.
‘’But mom they are going alone and its night in London, not to mention that they don’t know the neighborhood’’ Harry sounded, worried? I don’t know.
‘’Yeah, Harry is right. Then…………. Why don’t you take Harry with you girls?’’ mom suggested.
Harry seemed eager. At least he didn’t say no. But we don’t need him.
‘’Mom, we’re 5 adult girls. So I don’t think that we need anyone to take care of us. And yeah, I’m not that little girl anymore, mom, don’t worry.’’ I answered, caring a peripheral look at Harry. Surely he was seething.
we left.
The whole time I was thinking about Harry. He seemed worried that we’d go alone, did he really want to come with us? But a few days ago he made it clear that he doesn’t like me around. I was debating. Ugh! It was frustrating. The drink in my hand held no interest for me, nor the dance floor. The girls were having fun, dancing and drinking. They’ve drank too much. I need to stop them. I got out of my seat and went to the dreading dance floor.