Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

The frown on her face and the tears in her eyes only confirm what I'm thinking.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I grip her face in a delicate hold, pulling her head back so I can stare at her head on.

Seren shakes her head. Pulling her head from my hands, she goes back to hugging me and presses her head against my chest. In my arms, she sags against me and sighs. If I wasn't holding her, I wouldn't even notice the shake of her shoulders, but I do.

Her cries go on hold. The only sign is her shaking body.

"Seren?"

"Not right now please," she whispers against me, sniffling. "I just wanna get to the club, dance this stress away, then go home and relax."

Nodding, I bend my head and kiss her hair. Something is wrong, but Seren will tell me in her own time. She's never been like this around me before. Seeing her hurt isn't what I want, but this gives me the chance to return all the comfort she's ever given me.

***

The club is busy today. From what I've seen, Saturdays are almost always prime times, but this Friday, it seems like something special is going on.

When Seren and I got here, we slipped in through the back which landed us in the private dance wing. Even back there it was busy with dancers running around and getting ready. What I can't get my mind off of is Seren's mood. Since we talked for a bit at my apartment, she's been quiet.

Whatever is going on, it's keeping her mind occupied. I only hope it's nothing that's tearing her down.

I sit in the front row, right next to the stage as Seren dances her life away. The sexy sway of her hips and each caress of her body has always been sensual and enough to get me going, but today she has the aura of a tiger. Her being works harder than I've ever seen before. This routine is new.

The men around me watch with looks of fascination and every once in a while, I catch a male adjusting himself. My stomach rolls with each vulgar phrase that falls from someone's mouth. The music fades away and all I can hear are exclamations about my girlfriend.

I would fuck her into next week.

Give me some time with her and I'll break her fucking back.

I bet those pretty plump lips would look great wrapped around my cock.

My blood boils as I continue to listen to their words and watch Seren give everyone a show. She's not just dancing for me, I'm not the only one who gets to see her intimates. Every male and female in this place has seen my Seren.

The rest of her dance leaves me angry. With crossed arms and a scowl set on my face, I sit through Seren undressing for these men. Her breasts that fit like a matching piece in my hand are exposed to them. The stomach I know as warm and soft rolls from her hip movements. Thighs that have been wrapped around my head are wrapped around the pole, telling these men she knows how to work her body. I hate this.

"Fuck me, that Ariel is really something else," a man next to me says, groaning as he watches my Seren strut off the stage.

"They know how to pick their girls." The guy next to him smirks. "Now I just wonder how much the club would charge for a night with the little mermaid. Everyone has a price, always."

I can't take any more of this. Standing, I stomp past club guests and head to where the private dance is closed off. The guard lets me through without me having to give a password. At this point, most of the workers here know that Seren and I are together. That doesn't stop their looks of disbelief, seeing me come in with her, but they know.