Love me like it's Grom Night!

Hii, author here! Sorry this took so long. Life decided to fuck me over a few times. Some examples being: my girlfriend moving away, me helping my friend move into her apartment, school kicking my butt, the entIRE CHAPTER DECIDING TO DELETE ITSELF MAKING ME REWRITE IT, me getting Covid, Dealing with some persistent mental health issues, lack of interest in the book (a very sad day indeed), and being partially responsible for two to three children who are not my own!

This is only half of the list :')

But again I'm very sorry it's so late, life sucks, lol.

However, I do wanna thank everyone for your patience and support during it all. You guys are literally the best audience a writer could ask for 💕
------

Luz entered the school with a little more pep in her step today, and she didn't quite know why. Maybe it was because, a week ago she accepted her alpha counterpart? Or maybe it was because this was her first day going to school without her suppressants. Or even because she knew she'd get to smell that beautiful scent of Rainbow Mint. Whatever it was, it had Luz skipping through the huge front doors with a smile. She could hear the whispers around her, picking out a few asking about the new scent, but nothing that made them seem afraid.

Luz was basically beyond happy as soon as she smelled Willow's strong scent and, in hand, Gus's not so strong scent. She waved to the two as she ran over, the witchlings waving back looking equally excited. So far, Luz's day was going great. And the three talked for a while before someone asked a girl out to the dance. She didn't recognize the guy but-- if she wasn't wrong-- the girl's name was Skara. She had also hung out with Amity and Boscha, but she seemed to be super nice. So Luz always thought she (or that other girl from the healing track. She thinks her name is Kat. She was nice too.) was the nicest in the group. That is, before she'd actually gotten to know Amity. However, the two still seemed super nice even though they hung out with Boscha. That made Luz wonder why Boscha was still so mean, and she considered asking Amity about it before she realized it wasn't her place to really but into. At least not now.

But as Willow and Gus discussed what Grom was, and who they hoped to be from queen, Luz listened attentively. "So... It's basically an isles version of Prom?" Luz asked herself, seeing as Gus and Willow didn't know much of the human realm. But as soon as the question was out, someone ran into her while the smell of rainbow mint flooded her nose. "Watch where you're going, nitwit! Oh..."

When she was able to refocus on her surroundings, she was down on the floor, Amity's face so close to her's. She could feel the smaller girl's breathing on her face, making a slight shiver go down her spine. Her breath-- Luz noticed on an offhanded note, totally not thinking about stupid crush thoughts, noooo-- also smelled like mint, slightly reminding her of peppermint candies. They starred at each other for a few slow seconds before Luz's brain started to work again, but the Alpha still felt the butterflies in her stomach. Amity's scent was honestly her one of her favorite things. She instantly picked up Amity's things for her before standing. The Omega followed Luz's standing motion, but she seemed slower within getting up. Maybe even distracted somehow. It made Luz's head tilt, but she didn't smell any negative emotions from Amity, so she assumed she was fine. "H-Hi Luz..." Amity said, eyes meeting the Alpha's for what seemed to be a long time before the Omega ripped her gaze away. "And Co... Sorry about that."

Willow and Gus gave tiny waves to the girl as she looked down in a sheepish manner, a bright blush coloring the green-haired Omega's cheeks. She was still getting used to changing her adatude for the better, so of course it was a little awkward. However Willow had an understanding smile on her face, and this gave Amity a little bit of confidence in her efforts. The little exchange made Luz tilt her head a little like before, but then brushing it off a second or so later. She was just happy to see the two Omegas finally getting along. When Amity met her eyes again, Luz held out the books for the witch to take. Amity seemed to color at the realization that Luz had picked up all her books for her, but the Latina didn't say anything if she had noticed.