Messing Up

Okay, few things. First, watch the edit above before proceeding. I love it 100%

Next, I was paid in head pats to make the next chapter extremely fluffy since we had so much angst in the last few...

And this one...

Speaking of, sorry this took a while, I've been a little busy over the past few weeks, but I wanted to make a quality chapter for you all! :)

Even if it is stupidly short cuz I decided to make it a Two part chapter... T-T

(Plus, I hadn't planned this far ahead in the story, so I had to literally make it up as I go 😂😂)

Plus, y'all have made it clear that you can wait as long as I need, which I thank you from the bottom of my heart for.

Without any longer wait, here's the next chapter!

------

Luz woke up that morning in a state of confusion, but she kept her eyes closed in an attempt to stay asleep. Her body was so exhausted, and sleep sounded so good, she couldn't help it. Her body was hotter than usual, she felt like she wanted nothing but to cuddle whatever was closest to her, and there was currently a very familiar scent in her room. Her brain was to tired to recognize it, but she could securely say that whatever it was, made her feel safe. Not to mention the weight on her chest. Assuming it was just King, she ignored it, and put her hand up to run it through his fur.

However, a purr reached her ears and the fur was silky instead of fluffy. She knew for a fact that King didn't purr, or have silky fur, so this surprised her. Her eyes opened, trying to figure out what exactly was going on. She saw the ceiling of the Owl House and instantly felt at ease knowing she was still in a familiar area. But that didn't mean she knew what was on top of her. All her memories from last night were fuzzy from sleep. So finally, she looked down. There she saw Amity hugging her waist with her head resting on the Alpha's chest.

One of the Alpha's hands were tangled in Amity's hair while the other was wrapped around the smaller girl's waist. The Omega was purring in her sleep at the soothing touch running through her hair, and Luz couldn't help but think it was adorable. But something seemed wrong. Luz's body was hot and a little sticky, and her fangs ached inside her mouth. She felt a certain desire to just curl up and hug the girl in front of her. But another desire burned within her gut. The desire to mark the Omega beside her was stronger than it had ever been. For her to make the witch her mate, once and for all.

Luz knew what was happening. She was going into her rut. And the thought of this scared her. Sure, she was okay now, but this was only the beginning. It was bound to get much worse as time went on, and Luz knew that she was a really, really affectionate person while in rut. She was known for randomly clinging to things, to cuddle with the closest object to her, she chewed on random objects, and to be a little more aggressive than usual. However, mood swings weren't the only thing that happened in a rut.

While in rut, an Alpha will become territorial with what's theirs. This is the Alpha's body learning how to protect their mate. The Alpha will cuddle objects of value to them. This prepares them to comfort their mate, shall they ever need it. But seeing as Alphas and Omegas were the majority of relationships-- and the fact that Omegas had their heats to deal with-- the alpha will more than likely need this.

Usually in a rut, the more primal side of the Alpha will surface. Sure, they'll still be able to think and act on their own, but opinions were usually swayed by instints. This being said, Luz was afraid to even be in the same room as Amity. So when the alpha realized what this was, and that the object of her affections was lying on top of her, Luz silently panicked. She removed the hand from Amity's hair and the purring stopped.