Duel Me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hi, please ignore the suggestive title. I'm not only winging this, since I forgot to add it to my plot lines, but I feel like this is somewhat a crack chapter. Lol. So the title is somewhat a joke.

A week after the school incident, Luz agreed to go to the convention with Willow and Gus, but within doing so, she decided to drag Eda and King along too. And honestly, it was great! Seeing every booth and the Emperor's Coven, it was amazing. However, it wasn't until near the end that things went down hill.

Everything had gone well, the convention was about to end and everyone in her group had fun. Even Eda, who played pranks on some of the coven's booths. Even though Willow and Gus had to leave earlier than everyone else, they still had plenty of fun too. However, even a perfect day like this one couldn't withstand the Boiling Isles' weird. As a matter of fact Luz had been distracted by a flying rug when she ran into someone. This someone was actually pretty tall too, almost as tall as... "Watch where you're going! You could get someone- Edalyn, what are you doing here?"

Luz looked up to see slick black hair, electric blue eyes, and age lines on top of age lines. She recognized her from the show earlier, her name was Lilith Clawthorne. Head of the Emperor's Coven. And Eda was standing behind the human, scowling at the woman. However, that wasn't what got Luz's attention. Instead, who Lilith had previously been talking to intrigued Luz a whole lot more. Standing there, looking as surprised as the human felt, was Amity Blight. Luz had tuned out the conversation to study more on Amity. The girl was standing with her arms crossed and head tilted, looking right back at the Latina. They didn't verbally announce a greeting to each other, nor did they speak at all. Instead, they both walked closer to the other, and nodded. An understanding from both parties that they knew the other was there.

Luz wanted to speak, say anything at all, but found that her mouth was dry and her voice was stuck. So, instead of saying anything she tuned back into her mentor's conversation with the head of the Emperor's Coven. And just in time to learn they were sisters too. However, little did the human know Amity was having the same struggle. She wanted to speak. Say something, anything, but couldn't find the right words to do that. So, when the human turned to Lilith and the Owl Lady, Amity studied her features.

She couldn't seem to get the Human off of her mind, and she wanted to know why. So, Amity started off by listing the differences in their species. For one, the human's ears were round instead of pointed. Other than that, they seemed to be the same. The flesh was pierced like her own and seemed to be made of the same cartilage material as her own. However, she wondered if they moved based on mood like a witch's ears do. Probably not, she concluded. Secondly, she noticed the Human's cloths. They were... Different to say the least. Fashion like that was definitely from the human realm, but Amity couldn't say she disliked it. Plus her eyes. They were very nice to look at. However, she put those thoughts away. She needed to focus on what Ms. Lilith was saying, Incase she said something important.

Now, with both girls paying attention, they noticed that the two were basically bickering over nonsense. Finally, neither girl was sure what it was but whatever it was, must've ticked Lilith off. "Alright then Edalyn! How about we settle who's the better witch, by seeing who's the better teacher!" Eda frowned a little, tilting her head. "You don't mean..." But Eda didn't get any farther into her sentence before Lilith had interrupted. "A witch's duel!" All bystanders within ear shot gasped at the words. Even Eda gasped and took a step back, before quickly stepping forward again. "Woah woah woah! My kid's only been here a week! Your's has been here her entire life, that doesn't seem fair!" It was Lilith's turn to frown, but Eda stuck out her hand with a smirk. "Duel me!"

Lilith looked at it for a second before smiling. She then took it with a nod. "You're on!" Amity looked over to Luz who was smiling, probably excited to see the sisters fight. But then the human turned to her, and grabbed the arm of her shirt. "Oh my gosh, they're gonna duel! This is just like Azura! When she was fighting Hecate at the Bog of Immediate Regret!" Luz said excitedly, pretending to swoon over the meer thought of the scene. However, it took Amity 4 whole seconds to even process what the human had said. And another 3 to actually act upon it. "Y-You've read Azura?" Luz gasped, and her grip on Amity's shirt tightened. "Read? I've memorized it!" No one Amity had met ever liked Azura. They all said it was a book for younger kids, and that it was a dumb series. So, Amity never really talked about it. Only reading it by herself, pondering the plot by herself, never actually doing anything with another person.