Sliding in, Marcellus slides in across from me. Leaning back I study him while we wait.

Did I mention how crazy attractive he is? Well it's true. He really is. It should almost be illegal. I loved everything about him so far besides his taste in women. Honestly I didn't really know much about him though.

"Why Starla?" I can't help but ask him. My lip curls a little in distaste.

"Mi belleza, the man you saw with Starla that early morning a couple weeks ago wasn't me." He says amused. His eyes look as if he's telling the truth.

"Well he looked just like you. How do you explain that Marcellus?" I ask in confusion. I know it was common for werewolves to have twins. Triplets even. I've never met a vampire who had a twin though or even heard of one.

"I have a twin too. The only difference about us is our eyes, mi belleza. His are a lighter green. You saw Starla with him. Not me. Si, she does want me but I've never been with her sexually. She's not my type in any way, shape, or form." He tells me reassuringly. My gut was trying to tell me something but I wasn't sure what.

As relieving as that is, I'm suddenly flooded with embarrassment. Leave it to me to overreact. I should have let him explain. I was just so hurt and angry I let my feelings get the better of me. I bury my face in my hands and groan.

Finally the pizza arrives. My stomach growls in impatience and my face goes a little redder. Looking gratefully up at Cami I smile appreciatively at her.

"Thank you Cami." I tell her while already grabbing a couple slices and putting them on my plate. Blowing on the hot yummy goodness I take the first bite and moan at the delicious flavor.

"Fuck, mi belleza, don't do that." Marcellus pleads to me in a husky voice while shifting in his seat. I blush all over again because I completely forgot he was there. I was so devoted to the greasy goodness in front of me.

"Sorry." I say a little bashfully. "So can vampires really eat food?" I ask him to take the attention off of me. He had taken a slice off the tray and put it on his plate but hadn't taken a bite yet.

To answer my question, he lifts his pizza to his mouth and takes a big bite. His eyes widen a little and then close in pleasure. He lets out a little moan and my heart stops. Damn. I completely understand why he wanted me to stop doing that now.

His moan instantly turned me on. Heat poured into my core and I clenched my thighs together again. I had the worst urge to do anything to make him moan just so I could hear it again. Damn.

"A vampire can't eat food unless he's found his bride. She awakens him. It's kind of like dreaming, no? It's like walking around, seeing, hearing, and doing things but that's it. You don't understand what your purpose is. Existing but not knowing what you're existing for.

Then she comes along and wakes you up. She gives you purpose. She gives you a reason for your existence. She awakes your hunger. Your heart. Your feelings. Your humanity. She is your purpose. The light that leads you out of the darkness. She brings you love, joy, and happiness." He tells me wistfully. There was something in his eyes. Before I could get a better read on it though it disappeared.

I was a damn liquid puddle at his feet right now. The intensity in his eyes when he told me all of that literally melted me. I was ready to drag him home with me, cave woman style, and have my wicked way with him. I wanted to stake my claim on him. Seriously how does a woman hold her will against that?

Not even knowing what to say to him after that, I bite my bottom lip and lower my glaze. I feel him rest one of his legs against mine. Leaning across the table, he lifts my head back up with his finger under my chin.