27 | Vertigo

A/N: Check out the song/video for Vertigo (feat. Alex Turner) by Mini Mansions that I've attached to this chapter. It's a good song! It's also the partial theme for this chapter if you pay attention to the lyrics. Enjoy!

Alex

'Remember you're under oath to tell the truth in court,' the judge reminded.

'I am,' Paige confirmed. How the fuck could I not notice that before? She had his grin and his muddy green eyes. She's blonde now but is she naturally blonde? I could see how they were both sadistic fuckers. I recalled she'd said that she was doing what she did, she did as a favour to Atticus and the other when she left: 'I'm done with Luke and his shit. Especially since I heard the news that he killed Atticus.' She had been upset over the news of her dead brother.

'What is your relationship with Mr. Turner?' Liam asked. Paige looked at me and smirked.

'Sexual. We had a one night stand about three years ago before his last girlfriend, Arielle.' Paige full on grinned before directing her attention to Liam. I could tell she was undressing him with her eyes. I looked over to Miles who also noticed this because he clenched his jaw and whole body tensed along with his balled fists.

'How did you get involved in this...situation?' I could tell Liam was interested too because his voice became a bit husky at the end. Un-fucking-believable! She's practically seducing him, but I knew better.

'I had-we had a mishap that led Alex to stab me in the stomach in self-defence.' A whole bunch of people gasped and started looking at me with shocked looks on their faces. So many people were whispering and gossiping.

'Calm down! Order in the courtroom!' The judge banged his hammer, shutting everyone the fuck up.

'In self-defence,' she emphasised, 'I'd cut him and left scars on his chest. I thought he was so beautiful, I wanted him so much-so bad, that I wanted to mark him, make him mine, and so I did. And in return he did the same. He felt guilty afterwards. Panicking actually and called 999 and took off. I lost a lot of blood and passed out.

'I woke up in the hospital in the care of my dear brother Atticus who I hadn't seen in forever. He said I owed him because he didn't have to save me. We used to be so close but we drifted apart in our teens after our parents divorced. He went to medical school and I lived with my mum in America and did my own thing. The next few days, we started to bond again and he told me that he fell in love with his girl. He had this gleam in his eyes whenever he talked about her. He said that the bloke she was formally with left her at the hospital and had caught her cutting herself. But she was so beautiful and he said that I would meet her someday.

'He'd set up a date that we could hang out but then something came up. Atticus said he never wanted to see me again, then all the sudden, three years later, I get a call from Atticus saying that he needed me to redeem the favour I owed him. He explained that he lost the girl he loved and never told me how. He said he remembered me telling him about how Alex stabbed me and he believed me now because his girl left him for Alex Turner. So he wanted me to get with Alex so he could win Andromeda back. I was so mad and jealous that she not only left Atticus for another bloke but the fact that it was Alex Turner she left my brother for.'

'Thank you Ms. Huntley.' Liam sat down. And then the opposing lawyer, Louis Tomlinson stood up and went over towards the stand.

'Ms. Huntley, did Mr. Huntley ever mention that he'd abused and was abusive to Ms. Jacobs?' Louis asked with a more professional tone.

'No, never would have. After a week in the hospital, Atticus discharged me and as I said before, he had set up a date that we could hang out but then something came up. Atticus said he never wanted to see me again. We went back to ignoring each other up until the call. I never believed he would go that far...I mean don't get me wrong because I knew it seemed like it was because he was...Atticus was into BDSM relationships. I know it's weird that I know this but he had one a work that worked with him at the hospital before he'd met Andromeda. They broke it off saying it was unprofessional.'