Bonus Teaser: Whiskey and Coke--A Miles Kane fanfic sequel

Miles

So I finally arrived at the pub. So very typical of Alex to set up a date in a pub because that's what he's used to. Now I guess I just go in and see her. I wonder if Paige is as crazy as Alex said. What am I thinking, of course she is. I've not only witnessed it but Alex has those damn scars. But I promised Alex, I would take her out on a date even though he gets to stay inside and cuddle with Andromeda while I'm out here bloody freezing. Am I jealous of Alex and Andy? I've got to admit a little.

Paige

I had another nightmare last night like anybody cares. Andy said she used to have nightmares all the time. But mainly cos she was afraid of her ex taking her away from Alex which ironically happened but not way it did in her nightmares, she'd said. I always thought that Andromeda was such a prissy Anglo-American bitch always fluttering her eyes for Alex. But what I didn't know and I learned the day of her breakdown was that she and I had more in common than I thought. Here I am outside of the back of the pub finishing the last of my sig. I better go in Miles is probably in there wondering where the hell am I. He doesn't know what he's getting himself into with me.

Miles

Where was she? Here I am, sitting at the table and she's not here.

'Sorry, I was out having what you British call it a fag.' She sat down in front of me with her piercing hazel eyes. God, she was beautiful in her own way. So far she has strayed from her craziness after everything with Alex and Andy.

'Are you naturally Blonde?' I asked. What? I was curious to know. Her devilished hair made her all-black outfit stick. She raised an eyebrow.

'Yes.' My insides were screaming yes like I'd won a victory or hit the jackpot. She was blonde and she was hot...just my type. I mean we'd slept together but we were both wasted and it'd seemed like everyone was doing that to 'er but me I want it to be different this time.

'Are we going to get summit to eat or are you going to continue to sit here and check me out?' She kicked me out of my musings. She really was something...very feisty.

'Oi, I thought you were American.' I frowned and I dunno why. She pulled a grin.

'That doesn't mean I can't use British slang sometimes.' She winked and I found myself blushing.

Subject to change in finished draft