60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire

RUNNING

FOR MILES

The foul metallic smell of blood stained the air in Boston's once fresh-smelling car. Once Lila had walked off and away from everyone, I had dragged Boston out of the cafeteria and towards the car park. I instantly knew that teachers were going to show up any minute to drag both Boston and Lakyn away to the principal's office.

We were on our way to my house, as I had to go and pack my belongings so that I could pretty much move into Boston's penthouse apartment which was supposedly in Dayton city, I begged with everything within me that it wasn't going to be anywhere near Arden's.

There hasn't been much talk of the Arden case for a while. Father said that they've lost leads once again but he's still trying to find something, anything he can to help him figure out what has happened to Arden.

Every now and then you hear whispers of people's conspiracies around school and sometimes town. They mostly consist of Arden ran away due to having a drug problem and he didn't want anyone to know about it so he just vanished. Others believe that Lakyn, Hale, and Kian have something to do with it as they were the last ones to pretty much see him at the party.

If I'm being honest, I have no idea what I believe but I don't think that Hale or Lakyn had anything to do with Arden's mysterious disappearance. Lakyn is scary when he's mad but I don't think that he would actually be able to kill someone, he's too obsessed with Lila to do anything like killing someone as they would just hurt her.

"Here." Boston said bluntly as he pulled up outside my gate.

I told him the gate code which he then punched into the keypad. The gate then slid open and he drove in where he parked and we both jumped out. I opened the door with my key and headed upstairs with Boston right behind me.

As we walked past Sam's door, I tried to not look at it as I felt way too guilty. We then walked into my room where I walked straight towards my closet where I pulled down my suitcase funnily enough the same one, I had packed my belongings into only a few months ago when I thought I was going to finally get away from my abusive boyfriend.

If only I knew how wrong I was.

I laid the black and white striped suitcase down onto the floor as I bought my hand to my neck where I scratched it nervously. I wasn't sure what I would need, so I decided to bring a bit of everything with me as I was going to have to prepare myself for anything.

It was way too quiet in this house, which made me extremely nervous. Sam was at college so that ruled him out of the house, dad was at work so that takes him out of the house, but Boston? Boston could be up to anything, from going through my stuff to god knows what.

I peered out of my closet, I was expecting to see him snooping around my room or simply not even in there but instead, he was simply just sitting on my bed as he held his bleeding hand to his chest as he seemed to wince out in pain at even the slightest bit of movement from his left arm.

It sounds weird that his left hand is the one that is the most in pain as normally it would be the right due to it being the dominant one but not for Boston. Boston has always used his left hand for everything well mainly when he writes or apparently when he gets into a fight.