01 ➳ Meeting Lila

R U N N I N G
F O R  M I L E S

3 months later

"Eden, Get your ass up!" Yelled a voice waking me from my peaceful sleep.

"Just five more minutes." I whispered to myself rolling over in my bed, hugging the soft covers to my chest.

Several minutes passed before I heard my door fly open and I knew that it was my slightly irritating but well-loved brother.

"You better be gett--" Sammy; my older brother said whilst barging into my room without my permission.

I forced my tired eyes open, "Go away." I said pulling my marble duvet cover-up over my head.

Sammy groaned, "Come on it's your first day at Dayton Academy!" He said enthusiastically, ripping the blankets fully off of me and letting them fall onto my wooden floors.

"I don't want to go." I whined into my marble patterned pillowcase.

Sammy huffed, "You better hurry before I come over there and tickle the crap outta you." He said before leaving the room with an evil smirk plastered to his lips.

"Okay, okay I'm up, I'm up." I panicked, wasting no time as I got up, my brother giving me a satisfied nod and walked away down the hall.

I groaned walking over to my built-in wardrobe grabbing out my perfectly ironed uniform, which consisted of a dark plaid emerald skirt, a white bottom up shirt, with a matching emerald and white striped tie, black knee-high socks and a black sweater.

It's horribly ugly, but a uniform is a uniform, I guess.

At my old school, I was used to wearing whatever we wanted so this was a complete shock to me when my brother gave it to me a few days ago. Dayton Academy is apparently full of rich snobby girls and stuck up rich boys according to Sammy who used to go there.

I grabbed my black fjallraven kanken bag and my old school skater vans off of my floor, I then walked out of my room, making sure to shut the door behind me and walk down the grand wooden staircase.

"Hey kiddo, I can drop you off, just eat this first." Sam said passing me a plate of pancakes with banana and maple syrup drizzled all over them.

Even after all these years he remembers my love for pancakes.

"Y-You remembered." I said in shock as I plate down in front of the plate.

"How could I forget? It's the only thing I didn't suck at making." he smiled down at me.

This couldn't be truer; I honestly thought my brother could burn water when I was younger but I honestly couldn't get enough of his marvelous pancakes. It really confused me on how he could make something so perfect and fluffy but could at the same time burn the shit out of bacon which also broke my heart.

Within not even ten minutes I had managed to devour the golden circles of goodness and washed my plate in the sink, I was dragged into our large garage that was filled with at least three or four expensive cars.

"Jump in." Sam said as he clicked the unlock button on his keys.

My jaw dropped as I noticed the car that he was going to drive me to school in, it was a freshly polished Mercedes Benz, it looked too nice and new to even drive out of the fancy garage and out into the dusty road.

"You'll catch flies soon, so shut that mouth of yours and hurry up." Sam laughed as he started the car.

I quickly jumped into the car and buckled my seat belt as Sammy reversed the car out of the garage and out onto the large rounded driveway. I took in the scenery as Sam drove up the outrageously long road that leads to the estates grate.