26 ➳ Sorry Dad

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

Hale and I skipped a step or two as we quickly made our way up the stairs and towards the police station doors. I nodded at the usual lady that was at the front desk she nodded back at me as hale followed me down towards my father's office.

I knocked twice before I slowly opened the door.

"Hey Pumpkin." My father said as I walked in as Hale followed closely behind me. "Oh." My father said from his desk as he watched Hale shut the door behind him, "Hale, haven't seen you in a while, How are you?"

"I'm good thank you, Sheriff Rivers." Hale said all to politely.

"Please call me Noah." My father said as we sat down in the two chairs that faced his desk.

My father cleared his throat, "So what can I help you two with?"

"Well, today at school Lila, Lakyn, Hale and I were all taken out of class and questioned by Officer Tanner." I started, "Do you know him?"

"It was more of interrogation for others." Hale said under his breath.

"I do, in fact, he works here as well." Father scratched the back of his neck, "I think I know what he was questioning you guys about."

"Arden Roson." Hale and I said simultaneously.

My father let out a somewhat sad sigh, "Now I could get in serious trouble for talking to you guys about this because you four seem to be the main suspects."

"Why us though?" Hale asked with confusion deep in his voice.

"Well let's see, Lila and Eden were the very last ones to leave the building and not with all of the others that had evacuated so in the eye of the law that sparks some major concerns and suspicions." He paused, "and then it's an absolute mystery as to why Hale and Lakyn were seen entering the building with you Lila and Eden but then did not leave with them."

This is not good. Anyone with even two brain cells can tell that we all look suspicious; I mean I don't know what the boys were doing and I highly doubt that they would ever be able to kill someone but I can confirm that Lila and I certainly did not kill or have anything to do with the disappearance of Arden Roson.

"Yeah, I mean that's understandable and we have valid explanations as to where we were but since this isn't an interrogation it doesn't matter right now." Hale paused as his eyebrows knitted in confusion, "But Officer Tanner said that there was a note, we all read it and to me, it sounded like the guy ran away." Hale stated a fair point.

My father sighed, "Fair point Hale but we found a lot of evidence at the scene where we believe that Mr. Roson didn't run away."

"So, what are you saying?" I asked confused as I sat on the edge of my seat.

"We have suspicion to believe that Arden didn't run away and was actually murdered."

What? Murder? There's no way someone could have murdered Arden, I mean I guess not many people did like him as he just rubbed it into everyone's face that he was supposedly better than pretty much the whole school all because his parents are rich and we would soon be taking over his father's company.

But that wouldn't drive someone to murder Arden, would it?

"Why do you suspect someone murdered him? A lot of people didn't like Arden and that's probably why he left that note and ran away." Hale stated.

"Well for starters his parents said that he would never just run away out of the blue but if he did then he would most likely drain his bank account but all the money is still in his account nothing has come out of it but we are still watching it since we don't actually know where his wallet is."