39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

I rushed around my room like a headless chicken, dressed in only a towel and black underwear as I tried to find something suitable to wear for this stupid after-party that Lila and they boys had pretty much forced me into going to.

The after-party is being held at Nathaniel Lockheart's house which is apparently a short drive as it is near the academy. The boys couldn't stop talking about how his parties are the best as his parents are chill and his house is huge and away from the police station.

Holding my white towel up with one hand and pulling out a pair of plain, black track pants and a black Nike shirt that had a small tick right in the middle of the shirt right where the neckline is located. I pulled on the clothes that I had chosen but with the shirt I tucked it up under my black lace bra, to finish the look I paired it with a white Nike windbreaker jacket that I zipped half up and I pulled on my old converse.

My phone dinged from my bed, I dived for it as I let out a huff.

Hale (10:30 pm)

outside

I shut it off as I shoved it into my track pant pocket and hurried out of my room as quietly as I could. Dad was at work but Sammy was asleep on the couch watching Friends reruns. I then tiptoed down the staircase and out of the front door to where Hale's car was parked in the driveway.

As I hopped into the back seat of Hale's white Audi, I noticed that the backseat was in fact empty. There was no sign of Lila's blonde hair and pale skin whereas Lakyn was in the passenger seat along with Hale in the driver's seat.

"Where's Lila?" I asked as Hale reversed out of my driveway and then sped out of the estate.

Hale sighed, "She probably got held up with her dad, she'll come soon."

I nodded as we all kept quiet, the only noise heard was the Snapchat notification noise coming from Lakyn's phone.

The rest of the drive was relatively fast as it was only a five-minute drive up the road when we had turned down Nathaniel's street, cars were lined the narrow street on both sides, Hale parked as close as he could to the house.

Once we had all got out of the car, Hale locked it as we walked up the street and up to the house that had a teenager passed out on the front lawn and numerous red cups scattered around the place. As we walked through the front door we were instantly bombarded with loud music and way more teenagers than there should be.

As we walked further into the house, I soon realized that there was in fact not a 'we' but just a 'me'. I groaned as I could feel a small ounce of anxiety flush through me as I came to the realization that I was by myself in a stranger's house.

I could honestly just text Hale and say I left and walk home as it really isn't far away but I know that's a little stupid as I would then be ditching Lila so, for now, I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and get over it until she arrives.

Deciding that a little bit of alcohol would probably help with calming the bubbling anxiety, I made my way over to the kitchen where there was a massive selection of alcohol. I didn't want to get drunk, not by myself anyway, so I just decided to pour myself a shot or two of vodka into a clean, red party cup and then mix it with raspberry lemonade.

"That's interesting." a deep voice spoke as I turned around sipping my drink.

I was faced with a dark-skinned, six-foot boy, he had little brown cornrows and dark eyes. The boy in front of me was nothing compared to my favorite six foot four brown-eyed and brown-haired boy.