51 ➳ Found You

RUNNING

FOR MILES

I've been awake and moping around the house for the last twenty minutes, I don't want to go to school today. Relatable? I know. But in all seriousness, I would rather drive off of a cliff right now instead of going to Dayton Academy.

Schools just been so plain and boring, I'm sick of it being the exact same thing every day. Day in day out it is constantly, sitting in four classes, write down notes and then walk to the cafeteria where I try to drown out Blaire blabbering on about something dumb like her bags or clothes, other times it is Truman talking about some hottie that he had met on grinder that had railed him on the weekend. Then attending the last few classes of the day, while returning home or to Hales where I then fall asleep till the next morning.

Where it the repeats until the weekend.

Dread and anxiety are the only two feelings coursing through me at this current moment. I can't quiet explain why I am feeling this way but my chest feels tight and my stomach feels queasy, as if I am close to vomiting my empty stomach up.

I laid on the couch upside down, my legs up on the couch cushion and my head was upside down. My long brown hair touched the ground as I awaited Hale to message me that he was coming over to take us to school, even though I've sent him a few million messages begging him to allow us not to go to school today.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sammy asked confused as he tilted his head to the side as he stood, upside down, in front of me.

I let out a huff as I tried my best to look up at him, "Waiting." I said bluntly.

"For?" Sam asked as I then let out another loud sigh, while pulling myself up and onto the couch, "Hale? Cause if you are, I can drop you off so you aren't late." he offered politely.

Deciding that talking was too much right now I nodded my head as I extended my arm out to him so he could yank me off of the couch and onto my feet. Once I was up, I straightened my white school button up shirt and flattened out my emerald skirt.

"Come on kiddo." Sammy laughed at me as he patted my back and grabbed his keys off of the hook which was near the front door.

I was internally crying when I took a step out of the front door and followed him towards his car which was already parked outside. Once we were both buckled in and ready to leave, he pressed the remote in his car to open the gate and drove up our long driveway and out of the estate.

The drive was short and quiet, I didn't have the energy to try and make conversation, I also didn't really want to talk either, as I felt empty and tired. After a few minutes of being in the car my phone beeped, it was a message from Hale.

Hale, (7:35)

Hey bby woke up late will be at school in five

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I shoved my phone into my pocket, deciding to just ignore him for now as this meant that we were definitely enduring another boring and plan day of school.

As soon as Sam pulled into the schools' gates I wanted to break down and cry as this was just not going to be a good day at all. As I stepped out of Sammy's car, I remembered to thank him and tell him I loved him as I unintentionally slammed the car door shut behind me.

I walked over to then front steps where I normally wait at with Hale, deciding that standing was to draining I plonked down onto the cold, concrete step.

Another reason as to why I was in a mood today was because I had run out of my contacts, resulting in me having to wear my black thick rimmed glasses, the ones that a stereotypical nerd would wear. I don't like wearing my glasses to school because hardly anyone knows I wear glasses, except for my friends, I'm not ashamed of wearing glasses but I still don't want the whole school seeing me in them.