Ch. 19: Confession

Start from the beginning

Moonbin: I know our first meeting didn't really go well, and we've only known each other for almost two weeks...

Moonbin awkwardly places his hand on the back of his neck.

Moonbin: What I said a while ago, I actually meant it.

Moonbin looks back at me and smiles.

Moonbin: I like you, Y/N. And I'd like it if we were more than just friends.

Moonbin steps closer to me until he's just infront of me.

Y/N: Moonbin...

Moonbin: Will you be my girlfriend?

Moonbin smiles while looking at me expectantly and I smile and nod.

Y/N: Yes.

Moonbin's face lights up and he starts to move his face closer to mine. I notice his face being illuminated by the fireworks as they start and I slowly close my eyes as he moves closer. My heart starts pounding as I feel his lips on mine. After a while, Moonbin pulls back and I smile as I look into his eyes. Moonbin smiles back and places a kiss on my forehead.

Moonbin: I'm thankful.

...

Soobin's POV

It's 5:00. The fireworks are starting and I'm on the rooftop, watching it alone.

It would have been better if she was here.

I sigh then look down at the scene below me. Suddenly, I notice two figures at the school lawn and I quickly recognize them. I look at Y/N and see her smiling before Moonbin bends towards her and kisses her. I feel as if my heart stopped as I watch them, but I try to keep myself from hurting. After all, this was the plan all along...

All along... And all along, I still had feelings for her knowing she likes someone else...

I sigh then look away from them and look up towards the fireworks.

They sure are beautiful.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing and I answer the call when I see who it is.

Kai: (Through the phone) Yah, hyung! Where are you? Don't forget, we'll be the first performers tonight.

Soobin: Yup. I'm coming.

I hang up then turn around and walk towards the auditorium.

...

Later that evening
Your POV

Dahyun: WHAAAAT?! You and Moonbin are a couple now?

I smile and nod and Dahyun starts screaming.

Dahyun: Aaaah! You sure are lucky! Not to mention that plan you and Soobin had sure worked quick!

I quickly shush Dahyun when she mentions the plan and she smiles playfully as she stops talking.

Dahyun: *whisper* Mianhae...

Dahyun and I are walking to the auditorium to watch the Big Three's performances and Moonbin went to meet up with Astro so they can prepare for their performance. Soon enough, we find our seats near the stage and we're waiting for the program to start. The students are still pouring into the auditorium when I notice someone sit down beside me. I turn to the person and feel my eyes widen when I see Mina.

Mina: Oh? Y/N! Nice to see you again! I heard you and Moonbin are a couple now.

Mina smiles sweetly at me and I start to get nervous.

Y/N: Yeah... I hope that's okay with you, though.

Suddenly, I feel Mina's grip on my arm and I try not to shout as she squeezes my hand. I look at her and see her smiling sweetly.

Mina: Of course, I'm not fine with it. I'm his ex, remember? And I still like him.

Y/N: So why'd you break up with him if you still like him?

Mina squeezes my arm harder and I whimper as she does this.

Mina: I didn't break up with him, he broke up with me! And now I'm just trying to get him back, but you just had to barge in and ruin everything for me!

Mina then lets go of my arm and I place my hand on the part she squeezed.

Mina: Know your place, Y/N.

She smiles sweetly again then faces forward as the lights start to go on, revealing TXT on stage.

Mina: Oh? Isn't this the group your admirer is in?

I can hear mockery in Mina's voice and I suddenly feel guilty for some reason as I look at the stage.

Dahyun: You seem to be jealous that Y/N has a lot of admirers.

I look at Dahyun with a surprised look and see her glare at Mina while smiling sweetly. Mina immediately shuts up and Dahyun bends towards me.

Dahyun: *Whisper* Don't mind her, Y/N. Just enjoy the show!

As TXT's performance ends, I suddenly find myself looking at Soobin. Soobin's gaze then shifts to me and I can see a surprised look form on his face. He then smiles and the lights fade out. Suddenly, I hear Mina laugh sarcastically.

Mina: What was that? You have feelings for him, don't you?

My eyes widen as I look at Mina and see her smirk.

Mina: You really are something. You just formed a relationship with someone a while ago, and now you're flirting with another guy? You're such a slut!

I start to feel guilty again and I suddenly feel tears start forming in my eyes. I quickly stand up before anyone notices and walk out of the auditorium.

Soobin's POV

As we're walking down from the stage, I suddenly notice Y/N walk out of the auditorium. Her head is bowed and I look towards where she was originally seated just in time to see Dahyun slap Mina and run after Y/N. The students who noticed gasp and I see Mina smirk then act as if nothing happened.

What the- What did she do?

I then turn to the other members.

Soobin: You guys go on. I have something I have to take care of.

I quickly run out of the auditorium and after Y/N.