"I'm glad to report that the baby is healthy," Dr. O'Hara says, observing the monitor.

"We made a baby." Olivia says in a soft voice and stares into my eyes with the most awestruck expression.

"Our baby." I say, overcome with emotion. Nothing can beat this pure, enthralling moment.

________________________

Staring at the pictures Dr. O'Hara printed out, I imagine a mini Olivia running around the house as Olivia and I cuddle on the couch. I never used to think about the future, let alone one with me as a father. But, Olivia and our baby has completely changed my outlook on the life. Although this baby was quite the surprise, they say the best things about life are unexpected. And that's proving to be one thousand percent true.

Every time I look into Olivia's golden eyes, I see a determined woman who chased after her heart. I see the mother of my child who radiate beauty, inside and out. And most importantly, I see my future.

My trance is interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. "I'll be right back," I tell Olivia, as she schedules the upcoming appointment. My mood is dampens when I see five missed calls and a text from Bianca. This woman is relentless! I already know, if I block her contact or change my number, she'll find another way to reach me.

Bianca: Congrats on the win, yesterday. I'm sad I couldn't be there in person, but I'll make up for it this Saturday ;).

Saturday? Dear Lord, please tell me she isn't coming to the game!

I don't want to lead her on or fuel her desire to be with me, so I don't respond, but I'll be praying to God that she doesn't come to the game this Saturday.

Olivia appears on my side with a big smile on her face. "I have practice at 10:30, but I wish we could've gotten something to eat together," I glumly explain.

She nestles the side of her face into my arm. "No worries. I have a meeting at eleven with Prada."

"Prada, huh?" She lets out a chuckle.

________________________

After dropping off Olivia to her apartment, I drive to the hockey arena. I want to ask her if she'd consider moving in with me, but I don't want to scare her off. I know we've only been in a relationship—as I clearly established at her parent's house—for about two weeks, but I like having Olivia near me. I don't want to overwhelm her, so I remind myself to take things slow and propose the idea somewhere down the line.

Still on a high from the ultrasound, I stroll into the locker room with a giddy smile on my face. "There he is!" Andrew's voice sounds the locker room as I walk in. If you look up the definition of annoying, his face pops up.

Deacon nudges me on the shoulder. "Hey man, Coach Matthew came in looking for you. Jasper and Sandra want to meet with you in the conference room before you change."

"Uh oh," I mutter under my breath. A meeting with the team coach, manager, and publicist does not sound good.

Deacon and Miles laugh. "Good luck, Parks."

I head down the hall and enter the conference room. Jasper McCullen, the team manager, Sandra Mitchell, the team publicist, and Coach Matthew sit on one side of the glass table. I take a seat across from both them, fearing the serious expressions painted on their face.

"Parker, we need to discuss your personal relationship." Sandra states. "At recent games, your love life has been the main topic of conversation. You haven't spoken about it in any of your interviews, but the media has spotted you with Miss Olivia Windsor on several occasions. If you are seeing her, you have to let us know. Especially, considering her high-profile status. Remember, we're talking in confidence."

"Yes," I reply hesitantly. "We're seeing each other." The drama with Bianca has made me fear the public finding out about my relationship with Olivia, but I know Sandra wouldn't release any details about it.

"Thank you." The corners of her mouth lift. "I must say, I do 'ship' it," she says with air quotes.

"I do, as well." Jasper sends me a sly smirk.

"Same, here," Coach adds. "Well, that is, as long as it doesn't affect your performance." Everyone let's out a laugh, and I'm relieved by the nature of this conversation.

"Before you head into practice, I want you to know there will be zero press releases about your relationship. However, the media has been talking about you two, as of recent. The public seems to be following your every move. I'm sure this will come up in interviews tomorrow at the game," Sandra warns

"Remember, you are not only representing yourself, but the entire Blaze team. I don't want you to lose sight of your responsibility as team captain," Coach Matthew states.

"Of course, Coach," I say.

He gives me a firm nod. "Now, go changed and get your ass on the ice."

"