Part 28 ~ Okay.

- 6 weeks later-

Tilly and Clayton have stayed with me since the funeral. I'm now 5 almost 6 months pregnant.

"Hey, Katie. Can I talk to you?" Clayton says knocking on my bedroom door

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, I didn't want to mention this to Tilly yet, but you know how I have medical degree."

"Yeah, I knew you had a pharmacy one, but I think I remember Tilly telling me you had one in pediatrics and dean. Right?"

"Yeah, so. You know how they have been looking for someone to fill Martins position."

I nod, "Yeah,"

"And that you would get to help select the replacement." I nod again "Well, I applied for the job, and they sent me a letter. It was congratulating me on almost getting the job, you see I'm one of the 4 finalists. I just had to get your signature as the approval for me to get the position."

"You got the job?"

"I completely understand if you don't want me to fill the position."

"You knew Martin."

"We were roomies in Med. School."

"I think you would be the perfect choice to fill his position. But, I won't sign the paper."

"Why not?"

"First, you have to talk with Tilly. This is a big thing moving cross country. Second, after you talk to her I'm calling to get a little door plaque engraved with your name to put on the door. Just to see how long it takes people to notice. Third, I have one condition."

"What is it?"

"It would mean the world to me, if you could redo the children's wing with the money I inherited from Martin."

"But, what about college funds?"

"I already set those up. Each of the 4 have $50,000 dollars ready for college. Plus, I bought a larger apartment above a little cafe."

"So, what about the medical bills?"

"A secret person paid them off. Plus, they matched whatever I inherited."

"Okay, well if that's the condition, then yes. I will redo the M.W.J Children's Wing."

"M.W.J.?"

"Martin Winston James, if I redo the wing with his money, then it going to be named after him."

"Clayton, thank you. Thank you! Thank you! Now, you better go talk to Tilly about this."

"I already have."

"What do you mean? You said you didn't?"

"Yeah, well I kinda did. You know how this place was sold like 5 minutes after being on the market."

"Yeah, I figured that it was a prime location."

"It is, and Tilly insisted that we purchase it. She wanted to move here to be closer to you, plus she has been watching your dogs since you moved here."

"Okay, well I'm going to call and get that plaque engraved. While you call up contractors to start plans on the renovations."

"Yes Mrs!" He says saluting me

"I'm so glad you are going to marry my best friend. I can't wait to see you have little babies! They will be adorable!"

"Thanks, she is my everything. Plus, she deserves the right life. I just can't believe that she lost our first baby."

"What do you mean lost?"

"Katie? Clayton? Hey, what are you two talking about?" Tilly asks entering the room slowly

"You lost a baby?" I ask

"Clayton, you told her?" She asks angrily

"Babe, I'm sorry it just slipped out."

"I can't believe you did that! I wasn't ready to tell people." She sobs

"Tilly, it's okay." I say "I'm your friend I'm concerned. But, I understand completely, but just know if you need to talk I'm here and you have to remember that I have lost two babies so I can sympathize."

"Thanks, Katie. You truly are an amazing friend." She embraces me in a hug.

"Oh, by the way your husband and I were discussing his new job."

"New Job?" She asks, obviously very confused

"Yeah, remember how I applied for Martins position. Well, someone just approved me"

"THATS AMAZING!!" Tilly yells "Let's go celebrate! I'll get the kids ready!"

And with that we all headed down to get IceCream and go feed the ducks in the park.

----
28/30 chapters published
2 chapters & and epilogue left
12.4K Reads and counting
Several votes and more constantly
Little comments and a couple here and there

THANK YOU FOR READING MY BOOK!!!!!!