Part 23 ~ HELP!

Katie's POV
-----
I push Martins call button, hoping someone will answer

"Yes, Boss. What can I do for you."

"Hey, hi, umm, yeah....sorry my husband just passed out. Send help to his office."

"Yes Miss." The voice says before shouting instructions.

It only took seconds, but it felt like minutes, before they arrived. It was a blur, nurses, colleagues, doctors rushing in and out. Shouting random things, luckily they managed to get him stable. I'm standing at the side if his bed, before Dr. Harrisburg walks in.

"Mrs. James, please come to my office" Doctor Harrisburg says

I follow him to his office,

"Mrs. James, please have a seat." He says motioning at a chair

"Okay, what did you want to speak to me about, Doctor Harrisburg?"

"Call me Charles, and it about your husbands condition. You see, his cancer is much more severe than we though. The chemo has a 37% Chance of working, which in the medical field isn't a lot. So, you have two options since he will need to be induced into a medical coma to help ease his pain:
A) Go through with the chemo treatment
B) Allow us to go in and do a surgery which will increase the chance of survival, but the surgery itself can be fatal."

"I....I.....I don't understand. Either way he could die?"

"I'm sorry, but yes. The decision needs to be made by tonight."

"Can I speak with him, for a bit. Before the coma is induced."

"Yes, you have about 25 minutes before the Doctor will be in."

"Thank you, Doctor Harri- Charles"

He nods and I get up and walk out of the room. I make it to Martins room where he is sitting in bed.

"Hey," I say quietly

"Hey, I've been informed of my options."

"What are you going to do?" I ask, tears slowly dripping down my face

"I'm going to take the surgery"

"Martin, please. It could be fatal."

"Yeah, and it might help my survival. So, please don't try and talk me out of it. Let's just enjoy this time."

"Okay," I say, tears falling faster "So, Estella told me today that she was having a superhero day at school, and she wanted a tie and briefcase so she could be you."

"That's our girl, she always loved my stories of saving people"

"And Oliver, he told me today that when he gets big and strong he will be just like daddy, and then he showed me a picture he drew in art class."

He chuckles "Our kids are amazing"

"Oh, and Mariana in he little baby babble nonsense I could have sworn she said mama dada kiss."

"She is getting so big."

"Oh, and the fourth one, started developing last week."

"What do you mean? We only have 3 children."

"Think about it,"

His face lights up "Katie, your pregnant!!!?!???!!!!"

"Yep, Baby James here is about 3 weeks along."

"Our honeymoon, that's when little jellybean was conceived."

"Yeah, so we will have 4 children. It's going to be crazy."

"Our crazy, our crazy little family."

The doctor knocks at the door,

"Sorry, but it is time to induce the coma. But, before I begin I need to review the options for Mr James. He can either do the chemo with a little survival chance, or do a possible life threatening surgery. Either way, it might not be good. Also, this coma might harm the body systems, and temporarily paralyze you when you wake up. Understand."

Martin and I both nod

"Matin, I love you way more than you will ever know."

"I love you way more."

"If you say so." I say and with that his eyes slowly drift shut. Tears stream down my face, for all I know that might be the last time I ever hear him say those words.