Part 7 ~ Stubborn

100 views!!!! I'm so happy, it's not a ton but still! :) ~Thanks!!

Katie's POV
---------------
I take the bus home, I know he saw me. And I honestly don't care. He's not in control of my life, I don't know why I agreed to spend a couple days with him. I'm missing valuable work time, to try to earn money to support my children. The bus shows up and I instantly regret it. I wish, I could afford a car or I should have accepted the ride from Chance.
"Hey hottie, want take a ride with me?"
"Nah, man she already knocked up!"
"Atleast it's not you!"
"Dog, I'd take her right her!"
"Grrrrrrrrrl, come with me tonight!"
"Yeah, buddy! Make her have a twin in there!"
I hate this, drunk sleezy older men calling me, like I'm a toy. I sit and stare out the window, shutting my eyes. I hear more calls and jokes about me. Finally, my stop I rush off. I run to my door and quickly pack up. Chance will be here soon. Then it hit me, the only swimsuit I own is a bikini. Oh well, there might not be swimming.

CHANCE
-------------

"Sign, here & here. Initial here, Okay, Mr. Quinn the car is all yours."

"Thank you sir," I say. I can't wait to see how Katie reacts when she sees that I bought bought her a 4-door truck. Snap, I have to pick her up in 10 minutes, at least I already keep clothing at the beach house. I drive over to Katie's house to pick her up.

"Hey, sweet thing!" I say "What do you think of my ride?" As she gets in the truck

"It's nice," she stares at her lap quietly "but not nearly as nice as my car right now!"

"The city bus?"

"You know? Of course you know, I knew I should have walked home."

"Well, no more bus or walking. This truck is for you."

"No it's not," she states

"Yes, yes it is. I'm giving it to you, as a gift."

"I don't except!"

"You are to dang stubborn!!"

"Do you want to take the bus more?"

"No,"

" Then accept my gift to you, think of it as a gift to our children."

"Fine, but I don't want anything else."

"Whatever you say: my dear"

"Pet names already?"

I give her a duh! Look and she just turns to stare out the window

"You know Chance, you'll make some girl very happy someday."

"Can the girl be you?"

"Why, why would you marry someone like me? I'm nothing, barely able to survive."

"You are extremely pretty and very talented."

"So, I'm nothing compared to your amazing lifestyle."

"Why do you have to compare? Why can't you be better?"

"Chance, I don't think we'd actually be here if it weren't for our children. I mean if I weren't pregnant you wouldn't have even given me a second glance."

The words struck my heart, she really didn't see a future with me. In her eyes I was just a wealthy sperm doner.

"How do you know?"

"Please, I'm a stripper. I have worked up to 4 jobs at once. I have little to no income from my jobs once I send money to my dad for his health bills, and then I have the bare minimum expenses. I hate to say it but, if I hadn't been a stripper I would be on the streets right now."

"I didn't realize you had such a troubled times."

"Yeah, my parents don't know. And the money I make from sleeping with guys goes straight to my dad."

"You've slept with other guys?"

"No, you were my first. Usually I end up taking a guy home, giving him a pleasurable time without ever actually you know 'doing it' "She looks way embarrassed at the mention of this. "Normally, I prefer not to talk about it."

"Well, I know what I might be doing more of" I say mischievously

"In your dreams, you've already knocked me up. What more do you want?"

We continue to chat about life & other random things while driving to my beach house, I keep getting distracted with the thought of how terrible her life is. Soon enough, we reach the beach house. I look over and see Katie fast asleep. I scoop her up bridal style and carry her into my house. I lay her in my bed and take off her shoes, she's already wearing sweatpants so she can sleep in those. I tuck her in and kiss her forehead before I get ready and lay down next to her.

"Goodnight, my darlings" I whisper to Katie & my children before falling asleep.