"I just found out an hour ago!" She rushes out, probably sensing my hurt. "I was going to call you when I got home tonight. Mom and Dad don't know yet. Just me, Adan, Ezra, and now you know too."

"I'm so happy for you! Oh my Goddess I'm going to be an Aunt! I'm so excited. When are you due?!" I exclaim with happiness for her.

"In roughly a month! I'm already two month along, I've been gaining so much weight and was getting these weird cravings and certain smells and foods make me sick and my moods have been out of control but I was so oblivious to the fact I could be pregnant." She says with a laugh.

"I can imagine the look of shock on your face when you were told you're pregnant." I say with a laugh.

We talk for a bit more before I let her go so she can get back to her work. I really can't believe she's pregnant! I'm so beyond happy for her. She was going to be an amazing mom and Adan would no doubt be the overprotective, overly attentive, loving father.

"Hey Cora, how are you?" Esme asks sweetly when she answers her phone.

"I'm okay Esme, how are you?" I ask her just as sweetly. We used to be really close. She used to be my favorite out of all my friends. I don't know what happened to our friendship. I guess we just grew up and drifted apart.

"Are you free Friday? We're having a sleepover at Harper's but if you're not up for a sleepover I still need you to come at least for an hour or so, so I can make adjustments on your dress." I tell her after she told me she was doing really good.

"A sleepover sounds wonderful. I'll be there for both." She reassures me. We say goodbye and hang up.

I grab my keys and head out to the pizzeria. I felt like I'd cooped myself inside for too long. Not wanting to drive the little distance there, I walk taking in the fall leaves and crisp air. Reaching main street I happened to glance at a passing car going by and my heart drops.

Fuck. I think to myself. I pray hard that Marcellus didn't see me. Walking faster, I pick up my pace to get inside faster. Opening the door I glance at the car down the road to make sure it wasn't turning around. I felt relieved seeing it continue on its way. Good, he didn't see me then.

I'm not disappointed to see it's a little busy in here. It usually was since it was the only pizzeria in town. Waiting in line I glance around. There was a cute family of five sitting in a booth that caught my attention.

The mother looked so happy bouncing their youngest daughter, maybe two years old, on her lap while the father colored in a coloring book with their older boys maybe five and seven? It's hard to tell ages with kids these days.

The contentness and joy on their faces warmed my heart. They were definitely a happy family. The kids happy and teasing each other and their parents lovingly watching and interacting with them. I wanted that. Was I envious they had it and I didn't? Yes. Was I resentful towards them because of it? No. Seeing it gave me hope that love and happiness was still out there. Even if it's not something I could have with Marcellus. I will never share what's mine. Never.

Something at a table two down from the happy family caught my attention. I quickly look away as soon as my eyes land on Quichea. She was at a booth with Starla and two guys. Praying they didn't see me I quickly order a medium chicken, bacon, ranch pizza with broccoli and onions.

I should of called ahead. Then I wouldn't of risked running into them or Marcellus. Having to pee and my order not being ready yet I walk into the bathroom. Washing my hands before I go back out. I take in a deep breath to calm my stupid nerves.

I pause when I walk out of the bathroom. Marcellus was leaning over their table. His face intent while Starla says something to him. He glances at the line of waiting people. I quickly duck down and slide into a booth in hopes he won't see me. It was on the other side of the room so my chances were higher that he didn't. I was counting on the miles of people in here to cover my scent too.