Chapter 40 - Sage

Hey All, sorry for slipping from my schedule... I've started writing three other stories and just had to get them out my head.  But back on track now.  As Ever thanks for reading.

~~~~~

Stepping from the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body, fixing it securely.   Wiping the mirror, I looked at my mark, tracing the outline as a burst of raw need coursed through my body... for him

The grin stretching across my face expressed more than words could every convey.  This bond that now tied us together was powerful, all-consuming.  My wolf whimpered in agreement, drifting back to sleep, she was content.

To express it bluntly—I was happy.   Beyond happy—ecstatic, content.  Loved and in love.  Nothing would ever change my feelings for him.

Sylar. 

Some air escaped my happy bubble.  He had made it clear what he thought about Hunter and I mating—being together.   'You're not that stupid.'  His words harsh.

"Stupid?  he said that, used that word?"  Hunter appeared from nowhere, growling as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me tightly against the hard planes of his chest, gently nipping and kissing my damp shoulder.  An electric shock passed between us.  The air literally fizzing; sparks bouncing between us. His erection also didn't go unnoticed... nudging my rear.   It was damn hard not to whip around and rip his t-shirt in half and run my hands across his beautiful chest.

Not now!  Forcing aside my cravings. I attempted to focus on his question, pushing aside the throb from my core screaming at me to drag him back to bed.  Was it always going to be this way?

"Yeah," he answered, I could see his smirk in our reflection as our eyes met. 

His pupils darkened, expanding, swallowing the brown I loved so much.  His wolf was peeking, protective of me. "Talk to me Sage.  He might be your brother, but I won't stand by and let him disrespect you.  He can have issues with me—I get it.  And I hope his opinion of me will change in time.  But I'm not happy with the way he spoke to you.  I've ended lives for much less."

It had upset me, his words, his reaction towards my choices. But I didn't want it to stop us becoming closer.  Not when I'd just found him.  "It's his fears speaking.  He's hurting afraid he's going to lose me when he's only just found me."

Inhaling my scent, he sucked at my mark, his teeth scraping across the fresh punctures.  It helped relax him and his wolf. "Fine, but if he talks to you like shit again, I will put him straight, yeah?"

"Okay," I whispered, my mind plotting ways to help him accept Hunter and be happy for me.

I felt another growl of frustration rumble through Hunter's chest. "You need to get dressed Sage, before I drag you back to bed, or I could easily fuck you here."

Instant heat rushed between my legs. "Deviant." I couldn't deny I wanted that too, the thought of skin on skin, intoxicated with his scent, the weight of his body on me... in me was driving something inside me—like hunger, although no matter how much I was fed, it was never enough.  I craved more; I needed him.  

"Where you're concerned, yeah." He smirked unashamedly.

I groaned; realisation dawned on me.  "I have nothing to wear, and you destroyed my underwear." There was no stopping the blush creeping across my cheeks.

"I like the idea of you walking around naked, only wearing my scent."  He reached his hand down, slipping underneath my towel to cup between my legs, his long finger probed my swollen lips; eliciting a shiver.  "So wet for me, so perfect."