Chapter Three - Sage

Well, this is surreal.

Pondering if he was ever  going to speak to me, I considered dropping my blocker.  It wasn't  something I did; especially around unfamiliar people and particularly not  around wolves.

Emotions from your average everyday human could be intense. But throw into the mix a wolf and you're dealing with anger, desire, jealousy and possessiveness to the nth degree. Being Overwhelmed by these emotions was an understatement and often difficult for me to control.

But what was I supposed to do?  He was just stood—frozen.   Inhaling a deep breath, I lowered my blocker.  

Here goes

A tingling sensation spread throughout my body, dispersing like clouds after a storm. Fully exposed my feelers spread out.  I called them feelers—perhaps 'senses' would be a more fitting description, but feelers was the name that the Dream-Walker gave them and it just 'stuck.'

Spreading outwards across the room. I picked up something had happened in his office only a short time ago.  There was a residue of violence, anger and something else.

As my feelers traced around his aura, prodding and poking, his radiated a far distance from his body.  Which, was quite normal for dominant males, especially dominant males and their wolves.

But strangely, I couldn't feel anything else.

Nothing.

Not a thing.

Which was odd and slightly worrying.  I'd never met anybody who could block me.  I concentrated harder and let my feelers push a little more – but still nothing.

My wolf's interest piqued,  her curiosity flared as she tried to read him and what hid beneath.

I don't like this. How  I am supposed to do my job here, if I can't feel him? 

He  won't be happy about this. Not happy at all.

No point in worrying about that now. 

Curiosity got the better of me and I needed to end the awkwardness and make the first move.  Walking towards him, my hand lifted to introduce myself.  As I spoke, his eyebrows lifted, as if I'd startled him.   That can't be right, the infamous Hunter Stone... afraid of me?

His startled look intensified, so instead, I took the opportunity to look at him closely.  From his file, he looked exactly like the picture they'd sent me.  But, oh my,  in the flesh, he was breath-taking.  Not that I had any interest in him, beyond my job.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. And I felt a strange stirring in my stomach; like butterflies.  Keeping my gaze casual, I took a steadying breath and subtly imprinted everything to memory.

I guessed he must be used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked at him.

My eyes dipped down and I may not have felt him or been to  get inside his head, but it was clear to see the effect I had on him. He clearly had an erection and a pretty impressive one at that!

I guess the rumours are true.  Oh, Mon DieuStop looking at his erection!

A delicious shiver ran down the length of my spine.  And like a current of electricity, It burst through my lower half engulfing my insides forcing me to sharply inhale. I hoped to god he hadn't noticed as I dropped my hand to my side.

Gulping, I refocused on his face. He had the full attention of my wolf and this close, she was whining and whimpering like a pup, as the ripple of heat spread over my chest and up towards my throat.