Oblivious

"Shit," you say as you drop the files you had in your hand. You bend over to grab them and you hear somebody walking over to you. Emily bends down next to you to help you pick up the papers.

"Thanks, Em," you say to her.

"No problem, (Y/N), with an ass like that I would do anything for you," Emily says, a cheeky smile on her face.

"Thank you." You respond to her, "I got these jeans from this cute new boutique and they do wonders. We should go shopping together sometime, we could get you a pair too!" You say with enthusiasm that Emily doesn't seem to match. The two of you finish picking up the files and stand back up. Emily gives you a weird look, but you disregard it.

"We have a case," JJ says as she walks by. You and Emily glance at each other before making your way to the roundtable. After Garcia tells you all the details, you guys get on the plane and head to where the case is.

"Ugh I can handle a lot of stuff but this is brutal." You say as you sit on the jet, looking at the crime scene photos. All of the victims have been brutally mutilated, and to make matters worse, the oldest of them was only 15.

"Are you ok?" Emily asks as she looks over to you.

"Yeah I mean I am good it's just, ugh I think I might have nightmares." You say with a grimace. Emily gets up from her seat and moves over to you. She sits next to you and places her hand on your knee, giving you a reassuring look.

"In adults nightmares are pretty rare. Only about 8 percent of adults claim that they have frequent nightmares." Reid says as he looks over at the two of you. "So despite what we see all of the time you are more likely to have a peaceful dream." You playfully roll your eyes at him.

"What would I do without Dr. Reid. Now I can dream peacefully." Emily gives you a small laugh.

"Speaking of dreams," she says as she leans closer to you, her voice dropping to a whisper and her hand caressing your knee. "I had a dream about you the other day."

"Oh that reminds me," you blurt out, "I had the wildest dream about the entire team last week. So basically we were all at Rossi's place and..."

"I am sure that it was an interesting dream (Y/N), but we are about to land," Hotch says.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You guys have been working the case for a couple of days now, and you were starting to feel it. Sitting inside at the desk, trying to find new lead in the case all day every day was starting to make your body ache.

Right now, you and Emily were the ones that are stuck with the desk job because JJ was talking to the families, Reid and Morgan were talking to the M.E., and Hotch and Rossi were at the crime scenes.

"Ugh, my muscles are so tense." You say as you stretch out in your seat. Emily walks over behind you and starts to massage your shoulders. She bends down and her mouth is right next to your ear.

"You know I could help you relax and unwind," she says. Feeling her breath on your ear makes you shiver, but you relax into her touch.

"Oh my goodness Em, you should be a masseuse," You say as your eyes drift close. She lets out a small laugh.

"These hands are all yours." She says in your ear again.

"Emily I bet you are tense too, we should have a spa day." You say, but suddenly, her hands are no longer on your shoulders and you startle a little at the loss. She moves away from you and goes to sit back down at the other end of the table.

"Yeah, sure." She looks through the papers in front of her that she has looked through a dozen times already. You start to ask her what is wrong when a police officer walks in.

"He's killed another girl," He says, effectively switching the mood. You and Emily get up, and head to the new crime scene. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After his last kill, he got sloppy. Your team caught him that same night. It was so late that by the time you guys got back on the jet to go home, half of the team was asleep before the jet even took off.

Halfway through the ride, you notice that Emily is the only other person on the jet still awake. You walk over to her and sit in the seat across from her. When you sit down, she looks up from her book and gives you a small smile.

"You still want to have that spa day this weekend?" You ask her. She looks at you apprehensively before shaking her head and looking back down at her book.

"I don't think I should." You roll your eyes at her and reach across to playfully hit her arm.

"Come on Em, it'll be fun. We can invite Garcia and JJ if you want, it could be like a girls' night."

"I don't want to invite JJ and Garcia, I don't want to make it a girls night, and frankly I don't want to keep getting my hopes up just for you to knock them back down again." She responds to you while never taking her eyes off of the book in front of her.

"Emily, what are you talking about getting your hopes up." You ask genuinely confused.

"It's obvious that in your eyes we're only friends and I am ok with that. I just don't want to continue to get my hopes up," She says as she turns the page. You blink a little as her words are processing in your brain. Does Emily want to be more than friends? You reach over and grab the book out of her hands forcing her to look at you.

"Hold on Em, I didn't even know you wanted to be more than friends." She gives you a look that says 'are you kidding me?'.

"You can't be serious right now?" She asks you.

"I am dead serious, how was I supposed to know you liked me?" You are starting to get a little irritated, but Emily is doing the exact opposite. In fact, she starts to laugh. "What are you laughing at?" You ask her as you sit back and cross your arms.

"(Y/N), you seriously didn't know I was flirting with you?" She asks. "This whole time, the touching, the double entendres, and suggestive things I said?" You sit there for a second thinking back on all of the interactions you have had with Emily for the past couple of weeks. Suddenly it hits you like a boulder.

"You were flirting this whole time??" You nearly shout. Emily is still softly giggling at your obliviousness.

"I don't know how you didn't notice. Everybody else could see it, I am pretty sure they had a bet on how long until I admitted my feelings for you." You feel like such an idiot, but after taking a second to make everything make sense, you start laughing along with Emily.

"Wow. Well, if it means anything, I like you too. And if I had known you were flirting, I totally would've asked you out by now." you say once you've calmed down from laughing.

"We could still have that spa day, and I could show you how well we could relax," Emily says with a smirk that makes you feel all bubbly inside. You blush and bite your lip. Emily starts to lean towards you as her hand moves to the back of your head. Your lips are a half-inch away when you hear a whistle.

Emily lets out a groan as you both look over and see Morgan and Spencer watching you.

"You guys are supposed to be asleep," Emily says, annoyance lacing her voice.

"Well, the two of you aren't exactly the quietest people on the jet." Reid chimes in. Morgan nudges Reid with his elbow.

"You owe me 20 bucks, pretty boy." You watch as Spence takes a twenty out of his wallet, causing you to laugh and Emily to roll her eyes. She looks back at you.

"Told you they were betting." She whispers. You just shake your head and finish closing the distance between you two. You hear Morgan make some sort of remark, but you don't care. All that is on your mind is Emily, and the spa day you knew you were going to enjoy.