Profiler - part 3

*Emily's POV*

"Emily!" I hear, and I turn around at my desk. Tara walks out of the elevator, and I stand up to go over to meet her.

"It's so good to see you," I say as I pull her into a hug. "How was your research?"

"Ugh, let's just say I am glad to be back here." Tara walks over to her desk, and I walk behind her, excited to finally get a chance to catch up. She has been doing research away from the BAU so I haven't seen her at all for the month that I have been back.

"So," she says as she sits down in her chair and I prop myself on her desk, "I am assuming you've already met (Y/N)."

I can't help the small smile that comes onto my face when Tara says her name.

"Ok, I know that look, spill it, sister," Tara says.

"I don't have a look," I try and defend myself but Tara just laughs and shakes her head.

"Oh, you definitely do. So you and (Y/N) huh?" she asks.

"No, no absolutely not. Whatever you think is happening, is not happening," I say.

"So you don't have a crush on (Y/N)?" she asks.

"I don't have a crush on her, she's just..." I trail off at the end of my sentence while I search for the right words.

"Hot, sexy, strong, funny, cool," Tara suggests.

"It kind of sounds like you have a crush on her," I say, trying to shift the focus of the conversation.

"I can admit that she is attractive without wanting to get in her pants," Tara says as she leans back in her chair and props her feet up on the desk. "Can you?"

Just then Penelope runs over and throws her arms around Tara. Saved by the bell, I think to myself. JJ and (Y/N), are following not far behind Garcia, and they also give Tara hugs as they welcome her back.

"The whole gang's together now!" Garcia says excitedly. "We need to have a girl's night."

"I don't think we have a case today," JJ says, "You wanna do something tonight?"

"I'm always down for a drink with my girls," Tara says.

"What about you (Y/N)?" JJ asks as she turns to the newest member of our group, "You down?"

"Count me in."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

*Reader POV*

After work, the five of you had decided to head down to O'keefe's for girls' night. When you guys started, things were pretty chill, but as more drinks were served Garcia may have had a few too many.

"Are you good to drive her home, Tara? You know I could always do it," you say, but she just waves you off.

"I'm good I promise. I only had one drink and that was an hour and a half ago." Tara puts her arm around Garcia, and with a wave, the two of them make their way out of the bar.

"Look at the time," JJ says, as she looks down at her watch. "I really should get home to the boys."

"Go be a supermom," Emily says, as JJ also waves and walks out, leaving you and Emily sitting in the booth alone.

"And then there were two," you say with a small laugh.

"You're not going to leave too are you?" Emily asks jokingly.

"Nope," you say with a shake of your head, "Nobody to go home to, and It's kind of hard to get wasted when you don't drink" Emily laughs at first, but then gives you a more serious look.

"I know what you're thinking," you say, catching her off guard. "You're thinking "How come a girl like that doesn't drink?" and no I'm not profiling you right now, that's just what everybody thinks."

"Well you're not wrong, that is what I was thinking," she says.

"I'll give you a hint," you say as you lean forward, and place your forearms on the table. "And we'll see if you can profile the rest."

She raises an eyebrow and gives you a suspicious look, before smirking at you.

"Ok fine," she says.

"Something happened in my childhood," you say. Emily sits there like she is waiting for you to say more, but you just sit back and take a sip of your Shirley Temple.

"Wait that's all I get?" she asks, "that's barely even a hint."

"Are you saying you can't do it," you ask teasingly, "I thought you were an amazing profiler."

She gives you a dirty look and hums as she rests her chin in her hand.

"Can I see your tattoos?" She asks suddenly.

"Interesting approach," you say, trying to keep your cool demeanor. You take off your jacket, leaving your shoulders and arms exposed. "I could show you more, but we gotta keep it pg13."

A pink tint rises in Emily's face, and she clears her throat before she starts to scan her eyes over your tattoos, looking for something that will reveal all of your secrets.

"That one," she finally says, as she points to a rather large raven on your left shoulder. "It's for one of your parents right?"

"Good job," you say, "Which one?"

"Your mom," Emily immediately shoots back. She sighs and looks at you with sadness in her eyes. "She died, didn't she? Maybe a drunk driver. Is that why you don't drink?"

"Close," you say as you give her a sad smile. You honestly didn't think she would be able to get it, how were you supposed to know she would ask to look at your tattoos. "I'll give you the point even though you didn't get it."

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" Emily asks in a soft voice, almost a whisper.

"My dad," you say, as you feel emotion well up in your body, "he was an alcoholic, and when he got drunk he got violent. One day my mom pushed his buttons and he took it too far, got the shotgun off of the wall. I was the one who called the ambulance."

"You said he was violent, did he ever..." she asks, but she trails off before she can say what she means. But that doesn't mean you don't know what she was going to say.

"Yeah, sometimes. My mom would protect me, but there were times when she couldn't."

The two of you sit in silence for a moment, before Emily reaches across the table and grabs your hand. You look up at her, and your gaze meets hers. For some reason, even though the two of you are sitting in the middle of a bar surrounded by strangers, you feel comfortable and safe. Nobody that you had ever met made you feel that way, but somehow Emily had in the short time that you knew her.

"I've never told that to anybody," you say quietly.

"Thank you for telling me," Emily says with a soft smile.

Without letting go of your hand, she stands up from the table pulling you with her. She lays a couple of bills down on the table and turns to look at you.

"Come on, let's get out of here," she says, shaking off the somber mood you had just created, "It's getting pretty late."

"I can drive both of us to my house," you say as the two of you walk out of the bar.

"Your house?" Emily questions.

"Yeah," you say, giving her a "duh" look. "You still need to meet chase."

"I told you I am a" Emily starts to say but you interrupt her.

"Cat Person," you say with a roll of your eyes, "I know. But you'll love Chase I promise."

Emily groans, you laugh, and hand in hand, the two of you walk across the parking lot. But little did you know that Emily was feeling the exact same way you were. She too had finally found somebody that made her feel safe.