Paris

~ Ok sorry this is a long Author's Note, but I had people commenting and messaging me that they wanted another part to the Lauren and Emily stories, where Emily and (Y/N) end up happy. But I also had people saying that it would ruin the story, and it was unnecessary. And honestly, I agreed with them. In my head I was like "A happy ending doesn't fit into what I wanted at all. Besides, not everything needs a happy ending." But then I literally could not get the idea for this chapter out of my head. So if you like the Lauren storyline as it is, please disregard this chapter, but if you want a happy ending, I hope you enjoy. xoxo ~

Emily Prentiss is dead.

Why does this feel like deja vu?

This time though, it was no accident. Not by a long shot.

Ian Doyle killed her. The guy you saw as a brother, killed the woman that you love.

At this point, you weren't sure what to do or believe. Everything just felt so messed up.

In this line of work, it is only natural to have to make sacrifices, and you've never given them a second thought. But having to lose the best woman that you had ever met, crossed the line.

So you got out. You didn't tell Doyle or anybody that didn't need to know, but you are now officially out of the game.

For the time being, you were settled in France. Everything still needed to settle down a bit before the rest of your life could really begin, so to pass the time, you've started frequenting a cute cafe. It was here that you spot a familiar face.

No, you think to yourself, it can't be.

Just as the thought goes through your head, the woman gets up from her table and starts to walk off in the other direction. Hastily, you throw a five euro note on the table to pay for the tea you had been drinking and rush after her.

This is something that only a crazy person would do, follow a total stranger down the street. But there is something in your gut telling you that this isn't just some stranger.

You manage to keep up with her for a couple of blocks until she gets to an apartment building. As she walks inside, you move to the window, which gives you a clear view of the lobby. You watch as she gets in the elevator, and finally, she turns around so you can get a really good look at her face.

It's her.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After knowing what building she lived in, finding her flat number was not a hard thing to do. So just like before, you let yourself into her house and lay in wait.

As you are waiting you start to take a look around. Unlike her other apartment, this one was fairly empty. No pictures, barely any furniture, and nothing that could tell you anything about the person who stayed here.

Understandable, you say to yourself, it only makes sense that she would keep herself as far under the radar as possible, even in her own home.

As you move around the space, you hear the click of the lock. As you start to walk towards the door, she walks into the apartment, not noticing you standing in the hallway.

You would know that perfect hair and those kind brown eyes anywhere. There is no denying it now, this woman was definitely Emily.

"I thought I told you not to die," you say. That gets her attention and her head whips around to you. The bags that were in her hands fall to the floor as she stands there, stunned.

"We have got to stop meeting like this," you say with a smirk. She starts to smile, but suddenly it is replaced with a look of fear.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, panicked, as her eyes dart around the room.

"It's ok," you assure her, as you move closer to her and grab her hands in yours, "Ian doesn't know."

She stops looking around the room and meets your gaze. You can see the panic slowly slip away.

"What?" she asks quietly. You nod your head and smile at her.

"He doesn't know. He doesn't know that you're alive, he doesn't even know that I am here right now. I promise you, it's just me."

"You're serious?" she asks as the smile comes back onto her face.

"Hell, yeah I'm serious," you say with a joyful laugh.

Emily throws her arms around you in a tight, almost suffocating hug, but you don't care. All that matters is that you got your girl back.

When the two of you let go of each other, Emily is still beaming and her eyes wander over you as if you would disappear if she dares take her eyes off you.

"I can't believe it. I just...when did you...how did you?" You laugh as she struggles to get out a sentence. You place your hands on either side of her face and look her in the eye.

"We can talk about all of that later. Right now I just really want to kiss you," you say as you lean closer to her lips. Just as you are about to connect yours to her though, she pulls back.

"Wait," she says as she furrowed her eyebrows, "If you were able to find me, that means that other people can find me. We aren't safe. Ian could come after me and if he does and he finds out that you are here too, he could kill both of us and..."

With a roll of your eyes, you kiss her to get her to stop rambling. She sighs into the kiss, as it seems to have distracted her for the time being. She wraps her arms around your waist and pulls her body closer to yours. When you break the kiss, you look her in the eye, as you gently caress her cheek.

"I found out purely by accident, or maybe fate or something," you say, "You are safe, Emily, I swear. We are both safe, and we are both here, so can you please just stop thinking and be happy for a second."

She lets out a soft giggle.

"I am happy," she says, "you make me happy."

"Good," you say, "because you make me happy too."

"That was awfully sweet, (Y/N)," she says as she pokes you lightly in the ribs.

"Yeah, you tend to do that to me," you say as you pull her into another hug. This hug was much less suffocating than the last one. The two of you are just savoring each other's touch, the touch that you thought you would never get to feel again.

"I love you," Emily says softly Your mind flashes to the last time that she said those words. At the time, you couldn't say it back. It would've hurt too much to admit the truth and then never see her again. But things were much different now.

"I love you too," you say with a smile as you think about the future.

The life that you two could have together might not be orthodox or typical, considering that neither one of you have a place to go anymore.

But you had each other, and after everything that the two of you have been through, nothing else really matters.