chapter 13 (Madison)

It's been weeks since the battle with Bennag. I haven't been to Doggies room nor has he come to mine.
I asked him to come over but he never answered me back or showed up at all. I was making my way to the command center when the alarm bell rang.
When we arrived, Anubis was briefing the rest of the rangers and sent them on.
"I'm ready what's going on?" I asked ready for action. Anubis looked at me with no emotion on his face as he addressed me.
"Cadet Jones,I must speak with you." He said as he gave the others a you need to leave look. And everybody but Kat,who was working on the computer left the room. I looked at Anubis with concern.
"What's going on? Why am I not going out with the others?" I asked. Anubis turned to me and addressed me with that same emotionless tone.
"Cadet Jones, I have made the decision to remove you from the SPD Ranger team." He said as I stated at him.
"What!,why?"  I asked, anger filling my tone.
"I have removed you from the team because you are now in danger, and as your mate I will protect you" he said and my anger boiled.
" So this is why you haven't seen me in weeks? To protect me? I can defend myself. " I said my tone calm fury.
" I will not argue with you on this" he said.
"Oh the hell your not, you can't just make a decision for me. I knew of the risks when I joined SPD." I said fury lacing my words.
" Cadet Jones I ask that you hand over your morpher." He said completely ignoring me, which only made me angrier.
I slammed my morpher down on the table and turned on my heels and walked out of the command center ignoring him as he called for me. When I got to my room, I locked the door and laid on my bed tears rolling down my face.